Autoshite cars which are ULEZ compliant (excluding 40+ year old cars)

AndaBoss

Hi, I'm quite new to the road of autoshite and currently learning to drive so natrually I'm thinking of a first car. I live in London so I am thinking of an ULEZ compliant car. I like Rover 75s but when I checked them on the ULEZ checker only one of the 5 or 6 ebay examples I checked where compliant (all 1.8 petrol models).

So does anyone know of any cars from a similar or older age (excluding 40+ year old classics) which are decently reliable and also ULEZ compliant which I can also consider for my first car?

Many thanks

2 hours ago, AndaBoss said:

Hi, I'm quite new to the road of autoshite and currently learning to drive so natrually I'm thinking of a first car. I live in London so I am thinking of an ULEZ compliant car. I like Rover 75s but when I checked them on the ULEZ checker only one of the 5 or 6 ebay examples I checked where compliant (all 1.8 petrol models).

So does anyone know of any cars from a similar or older age (excluding 40+ year old classics) which are decently reliable and also ULEZ compliant which I can also consider for my first car?

Many thanks

Interesting. I would like the v6 version but as a teen and a first car I don't know how feasible it would be for me because of insurance

2 hours ago, AndaBoss said:

Many thanks

try and find a K11 Micra or something is what id recommend :) anything from a Late Prefix plate should be ULEZ compliant based on my research

or dont know if its sold but @wuvvum's K12 would be a good bet, https://autoshite.com/topic/46988-2009-nissan-micra-12-visia-£295

(Fugly as tho, hence why id personally still try and find a K11 I much prefer the look of those, but thats entirely personal taste based reasons/opinions)

otherwise what about a new Citroen Ami? :) (which is very much an Autoshite but ULEZ compliant vehicle :)

2 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

try and find a K11 Micra or something is what id recommend :) anything from a Late Prefix plate should be ULEZ compliant based on my research

or dont know if its sold but @wuvvum's K12 would be a good bet, https://autoshite.com/topic/46988-2009-nissan-micra-12-visia-£295

(Fugly as tho, hence why id personally still try and find a K11 I much prefer the look of those, but thats entirely personal taste based reasons/opinions)

I'll consider the k11, but yeah I also find the k12 quite ugly. Thanks for your input

37 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

K12 Micra is probably a bit more modern than the OP is looking for as well.

My 2002 Swift is ULEZ compliant though, and that is to all intents and purposes a 1980s car so might be suitable.  Not quite as comfy as a 75 but probably more reliable, and it managed the 300-mile round trip to the FOD and back happily enough without breaking either itself or me.  Good on fuel too.

I wouldn't have thought that this lump was ULEZ compliant, but apparently it is.

486564887_IMG_20210612_1018352.thumb.jpg.6e4eb0131c2cd94aae17a04a06f96037.jpg

If two tons, turbocharged AWD and 300miles out of a full tank is genuinely considered eco-friendly, I'll eat my ethically-sourced organic espadrilles.

Wouldn't necessarily recommend it as a first car, mind.

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

We have a pair of 20 year old ULEZ compliant cars that were bought from this very forum!

EDIT - Sorry I missed the bit about first car!

IMG_20181112_095144 broad.jpg

Alfa 156?

I have a family friend who's an expert on Alfas so I'll ask him

2 hours ago, wuvvum said:

K12 Micra is probably a bit more modern than the OP is looking for as well.

My 2002 Swift is ULEZ compliant though, and that is to all intents and purposes a 1980s car so might be suitable.  Not quite as comfy as a 75 but probably more reliable, and it managed the 300-mile round trip to the FOD and back happily enough without breaking either itself or me.  Good on fuel too.

I like the idea of that. Economic, ULEZ compliant and also don't see many around

So in very basic terms, almost anything 2001 onwards (so some X-reg, all Y-reg, all new style plates) and petrol will be OK for ULEZ. Nothing older will be, and for your purposes nor will anything diesel (they have to be much newer). Outside London, the various CAZs being proposed are a bit fussier. From there it's basically working out what you want that fits the criteria - given London insurance what about a late Seicento / 106 / Saxo etc?

7 minutes ago, Skcat said:

Vauxhall Omegas with the 2.6 and 3.2 v6 are ulez complaint! I'm not sure about the four cylinder models but still! A nice ulez banger! Maybe not a great first car mind! 

I like them tbh but not as a first car

2 minutes ago, angle said:

So in very basic terms, almost anything 2001 onwards (so some X-reg, all Y-reg, all new style plates) and petrol will be OK for ULEZ. Nothing older will be, and for your purposes nor will anything diesel (they have to be much newer). Outside London, the various CAZs being proposed are a bit fussier. From there it's basically working out what you want that fits the criteria - given London insurance what about a late Seicento / 106 / Saxo etc?

Thank you. I quite like the Fiat Seicento

5 hours ago, angle said:

My 51 plate Ford Puma is a No, sadly. 

Is there a way of finding out about whether cars before the official cut off are compliant? Is it a case of trying to find out manufacturer information? I know it's 2005 by standard, but some were ahead of the time. Specifically a W-reg Mondeo...