1965 barn find mini

fraser.innes.3

As minis go that doesn’t look too bad. That in itself presents a dilemma, flip it on to a bored, retired Surrey former Equities Trader with money to burn or head into a restoration. But likewise as the value of these old minis have gone up, restoration work starts becoming a chequebook job. Those old guys building minis in council prefab garages have gone.

It's a weird one - because it was taxed up until last year!  So that's got very dusty very quickly, or they're old photos.
I would say an unrestored MK1 Mini (even an 850) is worth a lot more than most imagine.  I would say £5k.
This old heap even got close
The former owner has been dead for over 2 years, and it's been in his workshop since 2011.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, fraser.innes.3 said:

The former owner has been dead for over 2 years, and it's been in his workshop since 2011.

Maybe the plate is on something else.

I got a bill from the Dartford crossing a few months ago for one of my minis.

Reg number is R66 SAM. Said mini is in my workshop as a bare shell and has been That way for a few years yet the accompanying photograph from the crossing people clearly showed a Mini with the reg R66 SAM....

Anyway  I sent them a photo of mine and they dropped it. Still a concern though

1 hour ago, BorniteIdentity said:

It's a weird one - because it was taxed up until last year!  So that's got very dusty very quickly, or they're old photos.

I would say an unrestored MK1 Mini (even an 850) is worth a lot more than most imagine.  I would say £5k.

This old heap even got close

it is worth noting that this is old enough to be historic vehicle tax even before the 40 year rolling thing came in

so the previous keeper could of easily just kept taxing it and not bothering to SORN it when its £NIL anyway (especially if it was on a multi-car classic car insurance policy or something such)

I say Get it Bought :) and the Essex registration archives still survive so you could look up who its first keeper was :) 

Curiously its recorded as Brown and Green not just Brown, (the DVLA 1st party checker wont show it, but vehicles can have up to 2 colours recorded on their record, and most 3rd party tools will spit it out)  so may still be the correct vehicle still?

https://www.freecarcheck.co.uk/free/?S09POTExQw-MTYzMzcxMTI0MQ

whatever you do, do not get rid of those lovely period raised digit number plates :) 

Have you bought it yet? 

if not, why not? No excuse now. 
To be blunt, I have to go and shag the widow next weekend to seal the deal. She gives a good blow job, but is 6 years older than me and a bit fat. The things we do for shite!!

4 hours ago, fraser.innes.3 said:

To be blunt, I have to go and shag the widow next weekend to seal the deal. She gives a good blow job, but is 6 years older than me and a bit fat. The things we do for shite!!

It’ll definitely be an interesting collection thread then! 

Who cares about the keys on a Mini? Apart from the fact the lock is probably so worn that any key will work, they put the key number on the ignition barrel!

If a HPI or similar check on the reg and chassis number comes back clean, I'd not even be worrying about the V5. After all it's only the registered keeper, not proof of ownership.