Daniel's Droppings (new spotting thread)

Daniel H

Couldn't agree more with the above comment!!! :lol: Now , how come I missed out on the Bovingdon AUTOJUMBLE???? I was at Croxley with my rally car , fantastic show , cosidering it's just a mid week evening event... such a wide variety of cars there...I still fancy another Mk3Cortina though , just that the price is tooo high for me to justify one... although a nice Mk2 Granada Estate (needs to be a 2.8 Ghia X) would be nice too....

I had to replace the speedo drive on an MGB once. What an utterly horrid car it was to work on. I can't remember all the details but I do remember there was a cross member under the box that couldn't be removed and I ended up having to do it with the engine and box all unbolted but still in the car. The gearbox was filled from inside the car and the whole interior would have had to come out if we hadn't slit the carpet to get at the plug.One thing I do remember- I got a fingernail between the power train and that immobile cross member. Ouch. That finger is still a funny shape.Dave- are you Dave Connor, the famous Cortina driving DJ?

Aren't they obliged under the Freedom of Info Act to respond to any reasonable request? Which presumably has to be done through recognised means i.e. fill in an official form and probably send some cash too. I'd imagine that anybody wanting to find out how many examples of the FSO Polonez are still taxed would have to go RIGHT to the back of the queue though, judging by how long it took them to get the vehicle history for my sodding Fiesta (and how quickly they cashed my £5 fee) - and after all that they still didn't manage to tell me when it was new, which country it started life in and what its original registration mark was - which was the gen I really wanted!!

I'm sure I read on another forum that the Peugeot 104 Owners' Club had a terrible job getting DVLA to tell them how many 104s there were left. Not many was the answer but DVLA weren't at all keen to tell them that.

All I can tell you is that I recovered a 104 SL for a mate of mine , from Bracknell , Berks , to Cwmcarn , South Wales..... It was a very very Orange car , withvery little rust but we couldn't get it started on the day....his new stoooodent loan will soon see to that!

I'm sure I read on another forum that the Peugeot 104 Owners' Club had a terrible job getting DVLA to tell them how many 104s there were left. Not many was the answer but DVLA weren't at all keen to tell them that.

Latest "excuse" is that the enquiry would cost them to much to do! Over £600 would you believe?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know how many Itals are left?

Just seen this. Don't know if you're viewing the site still Torsten but you've gone very quiet ever since you hit 1000 posts, maybe that was your goal & now you've reached it, you've buggered off??! :lol: Anyway I read somewhere, possibly Practical Classics that there were 1000 Ital saloons & 300 odd estates left. That was at least a couple of years ago though! 1000 for the saloons seems quite high when there's supposed to be about 300 Renault 18s left - where are they all hiding then!? :?

Hmm, i'll see what I can do , may try to get him to send me some pics or even get hi to register.... Oh and sorry DD :oops:

This 104.....does it look a little something like this?? Can't be too many around of any description, but a bright orange SL?! :wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...