WUN LIFE LIVVIT - More like ONE MONTH SOLD IT

JJ0063

Well it started today which is good!

first job was to replace these awful peeling gaiters. 

got some genuine leather covers on Amazon prime and then took the old frames off and re-glued the new ones on. 

Bonus is I lifted a cover round the centre console and found more wooden trim. It gets better and better.

E9AC4796-6033-475B-8F08-9A3DDF67200D.jpeg

74B5A1AE-9D20-4E31-BB3F-78A74627CA23.jpeg

Fucked it already, didn’t know the trim went a certain way so now the seam in the leather is the opposite way on one of them.. that’s gonna piss me off.

EB885148-3CC2-44F9-A250-33C296AC64A3.jpeg

The seats are grey but grubby and horrible so went to Machine Mart and bought a pair of cheapo Clarke seat covers. That combined with the new gaiters and newly found wood trim under the rubber mat was there has made it a much nicer place to be. I’ll give it a good Hoover and scrub next weekend. 

Really liking it so far, I covered the key in graphite powder earlier and wiggled it about in the ignition and to be honest it made quite a big difference. Surprised really!

99C0149A-AF64-45F0-B1D8-7D9D79F73BFB.jpeg

0DFC4304-54E8-4295-AB18-7EED1AFF865F.jpeg

B9B142A8-2D78-4131-8F91-9BB969F3C982.jpeg

• JJ0063 changed the title to Winter hack collected - WUN LIFE LIVVIT

Fantastic - presume that’s what it would’ve been fitted with when new. At least it’s less likely to rust. 

What’s for sale next? Norn Irish registration? Wheels? Everything must go!  😄

55 minutes ago, mk2_craig said:

Fantastic - presume that’s what it would’ve been fitted with when new. At least it’s less likely to rust. 

What’s for sale next? Norn Irish registration? Wheels? Everything must go!  😄

If I thought the plate would be worth more than the £80 retention fee, I probably would have sold it but I’ve just ordered new plates. Can’t see it being worth much tbh! 

Wheels will stay as AT tyres are handy, I have no motivation to strip them back to silver but I would have preferred them in the standard colour. I honestly just can’t be bothered as il only sell it in a few months.

Only reason I bought the bumper was because I hated the home made one! 

I did find some pics that must be years and years old from Dorset Land Rover Club the other night whilst browsing…

0C498AD4-9C9A-4040-84CC-948FC0BF69F8.jpeg

4FE2A978-0AC7-4F66-A5AF-32EFD234B5BF.jpeg

Much better.

I can’t get the gaps to sit right on my own but will sort that another time

This is the correct facelift bumper, confusing but the car is a prefacelift that was cat C so has been face lifted when repaired (I have the inspection cert) and the photo above is the preface bumper with facelift headlights… so now it at least has the correct bumper to match the lights.

DFF371EE-CBBA-4F95-811A-08A02086E1E2.jpeg

D90CD8FD-BA95-494A-B292-E269780007B6.jpeg

On 10/8/2021 at 10:44 AM, JJ0063 said:

Much better.

I can’t get the gaps to sit right on my own but will sort that another time

This is the correct facelift bumper, confusing but the car is a prefacelift that was cat C so has been face lifted when repaired (I have the inspection cert) and the photo above is the preface bumper with facelift headlights… so now it at least has the correct bumper to match the lights.

DFF371EE-CBBA-4F95-811A-08A02086E1E2.jpeg

D90CD8FD-BA95-494A-B292-E269780007B6.jpeg

That looks well! Getting rid of that after a few months is going to be a tough thing to bring yourself to do. 

22 minutes ago, stuboy said:

looking better

Thanks! 

Having had it a couple of weeks now I must say I’m really liking it. With the normal bumper, standard backbox and a hoover out it’s really not a bad place to be and drives very well. 

I probs won’t keep it as long as I planned as it looks as though I’ll be able to take my motorcycle test in Feb so I’ll want a bike soon after. 

I imagine I’ll stick a FS thread up in Feb/March latest, it’ll have a fresh MOT and will be around £2500 for those who have shown an interest.

• JJ0063 changed the title to WUN LIFE LIVVIT - Might sell it

Can’t stop looking at motorcycles and now I’ve got my heart set on one I want to buy one ready to go. 

I might let this go if anyone wants it for £2200

MOT til Feb

Clutch/gearbox/transfer box done earlier this year according to the guy I got it from.

All I’ve done is clean it, change the front bumper, fit new number plates and a set of seat covers. 

Done about 500 miles in it, hasn’t blown up, doesn’t overheat or use coolant etc. 

• JJ0063 changed the title to WUN LIFE LIVVIT - More like ONE MONTH SOLD IT