WUN LIFE LIVVIT - More like ONE MONTH SOLD IT

JJ0063

So today is the first time in probably 15 years I’m going on a train so I thought I ought to document the attempt of me getting to Ipswich and probably ending up in Leeds.

Got mrs JJ to drop me off at the local bus stop in Swaffham where I’m writing this. Next stop Norwich bus station.

6D12C2D9-0792-457B-944E-F08DF074BAB8.jpeg

17 minutes ago, busmansholiday said:

Presumably this bus,

First Eastern Counties 36907 - YN69XZL

Good luck with the collection.

(I'm not psychic, tells you the bus details on the ticket).

Haha, yes!

7 minutes ago, Agila said:

£6.20 👀

I've bought a few cars cheaper than that.

Which reminds me that I'll have to update the cheapest cars thread.

Chodest of chod speed.

20211002_083210.jpg

Likewise! 😂

Leg one done, time for a slash then the train.

7C379D72-E620-4C7D-9FF4-36B0DAF0826F.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Chod speed.

I went to Norwich on a train, then left on a train. It was also a collection. 

I didn't realise the front of the station was that pretty!

I did buy a return as it was the same price but really hoping I don’t have to use it…

Yeah it’s quite a posh looking station isn’t it! 

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

Says he doesn't want a modified Disco 2.

Gets a modified Disco 2.

You truly are a shiter. 😁

True

1 hour ago, JJ0063 said:

Collectioned 

now to drive home! 

C53A2FEF-1C02-4EE9-8B39-9C8B574C926D.jpeg

At least you'll be the cnuk shining headlights into the eyes of us mere mortals 🤣

Well boughted, may only tsunamis and Moses stop you from proceeding. 

Edit: and the occasional reliability issue. 

10 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

I don't get all the hate for the D5 lumps. My parents had a Disco 2 with the D5 in it for several years.

It was fine... until the chassis rotted away so badly the MOT station condemned it.

A lot suffered with cracked cylinder heads, or blocks, between two cylinders. Another friend had one with electrical gremlins that locked him out with his young kids in the back, on a hot summers day…. They aren’t horrendous by all means, but as long as you can repair stuff yourself/afford it/be constantly fixing something all the time they’re fine.

And home. That really wasn’t too bad of a collection considering it was bus, walk, train, walk, Land Rover..

Yeah I certainly didn’t want a modified one and in all fairness bar the bumper, this is pretty much standard - it’s not lifted, it’s got original alloys albeit with mud tyres (also came with another set of alloys with road tyres) and I’ve already found a standard front bumper in the right colour.. just got to arrange collection from Oxford!

First impressions.. drives really nicely, it’s been remapped and certainly pulls well. Clutch is great (Brand new clutch recently fitted anyway) and even had half a tank of diesel in it.

The worst thing I’ve found so far is the ignition barrel.. have to wiggle the key for ages until it finds it’s sweet spot and will turn. I’m sure I had a car like it years ago, possibly even a Land Rover, and it made it ten times better by spraying some lead spray in the barrel. 

overall, success. It was stupidly cheap to insure, I paid a low price in discovery 2 prices. Chassis is very, very clean and has never been welded either. 

I dare say I’ll never use it and sell it again in 4-6 months 👍

Now to order some seat covers as the interior is grotty. It does have a nice timber dash though. 

2937BF00-DFBF-4529-BA6D-707F91627BDD.jpeg

8A78BAE6-1818-4958-833F-B630970505E2.jpeg

2D32C664-9BC8-4588-83A5-4478D6C869EF.jpeg

DC19E8CF-B37A-4C92-AF18-CCCE0E81EE79.jpeg

47 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

And home. That really wasn’t too bad of a collection considering it was bus, walk, train, walk, Land Rover..

Yeah I certainly didn’t want a modified one and in all fairness bar the bumper, this is pretty much standard - it’s not lifted, it’s got original alloys albeit with mud tyres (also came with another set of alloys with road tyres) and I’ve already found a standard front bumper in the right colour.. just got to arrange collection from Oxford!

First impressions.. drives really nicely, it’s been remapped and certainly pulls well. Clutch is great (Brand new clutch recently fitted anyway) and even had half a tank of diesel in it.

The worst thing I’ve found so far is the ignition barrel.. have to wiggle the key for ages until it finds it’s sweet spot and will turn. I’m sure I had a car like it years ago, possibly even a Land Rover, and it made it ten times better by spraying some lead spray in the barrel. 

overall, success. It was stupidly cheap to insure, I paid a low price in discovery 2 prices. Chassis is very, very clean and has never been welded either. 

I dare say I’ll never use it and sell it again in 4-6 months 👍

Now to order some seat covers as the interior is grotty. It does have a nice timber dash though. 

2937BF00-DFBF-4529-BA6D-707F91627BDD.jpeg

8A78BAE6-1818-4958-833F-B630970505E2.jpeg

2D32C664-9BC8-4588-83A5-4478D6C869EF.jpeg

DC19E8CF-B37A-4C92-AF18-CCCE0E81EE79.jpeg

Its shiny anyway, I hope you enjoy it!

1 hour ago, Supernaut said:

I don't get all the hate for the D5 lumps. My parents had a Disco 2 with the D5 in it for several years.

It was fine... until the chassis rotted away so badly the MOT station condemned it.

They’re brilliant engines if looked after. Head gasket is a really common issue and they don’t go in conventional ways (it typically won’t overheat if it goes) so can be a bit of a pain.

I love them, have had lots and they’ve always done me well.