Peugeot 309 rescue thread. Moving on.

DoctorRetro

21 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

Well, the long term plan is to sell both the AX and the 309 and get something with 4/5 doors next.

I kinda want a Peugeot 306 diesel I think. 

But I'll probably revert to type and end up with something Japanese 🤣

You still not bonding with it then? Be a shame not to run it for a bit after all the graft surely

11 minutes ago, cbowditch said:

Great work, glad to see this car saved. Whats left for a MOT now?

No idea, but the brakes need attention, it moves but feels like the handbrake is on 80%. 

It needs getting running properly, because currently it bogs down and cuts out when you try to move it, and it sends out clouds of blue smoke.

The cooling system is a bit gummed up so needs a good flush. The water bit for the carb was completely blocked with crystalline deposits. Also temp warning light came on when it started.

43 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

No idea, but the brakes need attention, it moves but feels like the handbrake is on 80%. 

It needs getting running properly, because currently it bogs down and cuts out when you try to move it, and it sends out clouds of blue smoke.

The cooling system is a bit gummed up so needs a good flush. The water bit for the carb was completely blocked with crystalline deposits. Also temp warning light came on when it started.

You trying to move it when off the choke at all? Sounds like more fettling is required.

Also, dishwasher tablet FTW.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to Peugeot 309 rescue thread. Moving on.

I've been criticized before in the past for just bodging things, doing pointless modifications etc, so it's nice to feel like I've done something a bit more 'properly' for once. 😕

I think I need to completely satin black the next car to make up for it though 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Life's rich tapestry, innit.

Running old cars makes limited sense these days, fixing old snotters even less so.

If it's not giving you some sort of enjoyment, then there's no point at all... 

While some of the previous projects maybe haven't matched my specific tastes, that's of no consequence at all. I've ALWAYS enjoyed seeing what you get up to with your fleet.

Long may it continue!

8 minutes ago, AxWomble said:

That's a win! Mega pleased they would take the AX too - slightly confused as it's far from the best example (I'm partially responsible for that) but you've definitely improved it in your ownership. Congrats! What's next? 

Ask @hairnet what I'm likely to go for next... 😂

5 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

I've been criticized before in the past for just bodging things, doing pointless modifications etc, so it's nice to feel like I've done something a bit more 'properly' for once. 😕

I think I need to completely satin black the next car to make up for it though 😂🤣😂🤣😂

20180225_145534.thumb.jpg.505597021f2e40ef5fa58ff2cdf05ec9.jpg

306's look pretty good in Jotun Satin Black, 5 litres for less than 50 quid.