Winter tyres

JJ0063

It's also true though that plenty don't. It's always worth checking if the 3PMSF symbol is there. I don't even take any notice of M+S - it could just be a matter of opinion without any kind of standard.
It's also true that some capable tyres don't have 3PMSF on them because the manufacturer didn't want to pay for the tests. I'd rather just buy some with it
I shall go and check tomorrow.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk

I have Michelin cross climate on the front of the yeti, and kormoran SUV m+s on the back. I will need to investigate if theres the snowflake symbol on them. My thoughts were to use it any time there is snow and ice on the go as it is 4wd and decent tyres. Tyres maybe not as good as thought.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, 95 quid Peugeot said:

See how we fare with these bargain toyo from Camskill on the Fabia

Thats me running winters on all 3 daily throughout the year

20211112_073710.jpg

I was going to buy a set of those but got a good deal on a set of used Goodyears. I'll be interested to see how they are all year round as they're still my favourite for my next set 

9 hours ago, martc said:

image.png.4375386bbc8fd31c7738ce2ea1158970.png

That reminded me of something. My sister had a cat who just loved me. A great guy. He lived purely outside. I used to go on long walks (5 to 10 miles) and he would just come with me. 

He always loved my cars. Ignored all the others in the household but would sleep on the bonnet of mine. Every time I got home, he would jump in when I opened the door and investigate the interior. Eventually due to his obsession with me and my cars, he became my cat. The only pet I've ever had. A few days before he died, he managed to sneak into the house in the middle of the night and found my room and slept on my bed. The only time he ever did that. I miss him a lot, although he's long gone. He was the best parts of a cat and a dog somehow. 

His name was Austin on the basis that if you can call a dog Rover, why not call a cat Austin? 

I shall go and check tomorrow.

Well I had a look at them yesterday. Royal Black! Ever heard of them? Neither had I!
A bit of Google Fu later, and I discovered that they make over 300 different sizes and types. They are popular in the USA, with the majority of them being put on those massive 18 wheelers.
Only showing as M+S, with no other markings, so I suppose time will tell!