What’s your future cars list?

garethj

5 minutes ago, D.E said:

I think everybody who's a 480 enthusiast knows brinkie😁 Yeah they have a significant following , especially in the province where they were built. Still, even here some parts are getting difficult to find.

Yeah I think the French are making repro parts tho, at a cost...

I've been saving up over the last few months to finally get an E39 M5. Them mostly being around 20+ grand now (making saving for them not easy) and the fact that I haven't seen one in a spec I liked (Avus Blue with Caramel interior, or at least not grey or blue) means it might take a little while.

Long term I want a V8 Lexus LC500. It's the only new car Im genuinely interested in and probably the last in a long line of NA V8 grandtourers. 50k is still a lot of money, prices are currently pretty stable, too.

Until then it's not unlikely that I will finally find a decent 2nd gen Legend Coupe or maybe even a 1st gen Infiniti Q45.

Way into the future: The Lucid Air and Rivian R1T really seem to live up to their promises. Maybe eventually...

Plus all the other random cars that will pop up until then...

8 hours ago, Bstardchild said:

Hmm interesting question

Probably only two cars are still on my primary wish list either TVR Tuscan (6 pot one) or TVR Chimera (8 pot) both have been there for a while

On my secondary wish list I'd like something with American/Australian V8 muscle or BMW 1M or M2 and a Honda Insight just for the ying yang thing

However what I'd really like to do is finish the bloody projects I already have :D

Wholeheartedly recommend the Chimaera. For me I'd like to swap my Chim for either a Cerbera or T350. I was a Powers Performance on Friday and some of the stuff they have in... Also on the list is a Monaro, if possible a supercharged one for ultimate shits and giggles. Probably a few years off realistically. And another performance car I absolutely have to tick off is a blob eye Impreza STI. In blue with gold wheels and not prepared to compromise on that 😂

More likely in the near future I'd like a Volvo V70 or 530d touring as a (semi) sensible daily. And I feel given I've had an xj40 and x300 an x308 

Once we get moved house, as long as I keep the Activa, I quite fancy a 205 to pop the engine from the Activa into, then pop a V6 into the hole it left in the Activa.

Or a 9-3 Aero convertible or C70 T5 or similar for summer fun, I'd love a 911 but we tried, and we don't all fit in one 😔

I want a modern day Prius some day, i really like then

however, at the moment i'm quite fancying a Xantia, or a BX/CX, i feel one of those would be a nice sibling for the C5

and weirdly i fancy an audi RS7, not sure why, but i have an urge to be a hooligan one day

On 10/1/2021 at 5:40 PM, SRi05 said:

I bought a top spec MK2 Honda CRV a few months ago that the wife has basically stolen from me, it's a really good motor so I'm on the lookout for another. Currently driving a Saab 9-3 convertible, but much prefer the driving position and all round comfort of the Honda. They're definitely my thang. 

Plus it's coming into the shitey weather now so I basically need* a SUV for my very small commute. 

Mine FTP yesterday.

I could buy a battery, or a car maybe😀

This week I are mostly dreaming of owning:

Old stuff: 

Volvo 240 estate, there's a silver one I see regularly on the way to/from work and it looks GR9.

Land Rover Series 3 SWB. Just because.

Expensive stuff:

Bentley Turbo R or Arnage. Must have the 6¾ V8, not interested in the BMW-engined Arnages with the piddly little 4.4. Years ago I set myself the target of owning a Bentley before I turned 40, I've got around 2 years left to achieve that.

Porsche 911. No idea why but recently I've found myself browsing them occasionally. Something like a 996 Carrera 2 would be nice, just the basic one with no silly wings. I've never liked or wanted a 911 at any point in my life, so why now? Is this how a mid-life crisis starts?

BMWs:

645i. I'm really starting to warm to the E63 6-series - my Mum's neighbour has one and the more I see it the more I like the idea of one. More emerging midlife crisis evidence?

530d. Planned replacement for the 525d, maybe next year. Will be a touring, will be an M-Sport.

Electric:

Mini Cooper electric. Really liked the one I drove, I could see a space for one as the daily driver in a few years time. 

Big stuff:

Scania R164 Topline, just for fun and to take to shows. 

A tractor. Why? No idea.

Ask me again next week. Half of the above will have changed, I mean, who actually wants a 911?

Edit: I also want an Alfa 166 V6. Preferably in that lovely pale blue/cream flip paint they did.

1 hour ago, 83C said:

...BMWs:

645i. I'm really starting to warm to the E63 6-series ...

I test drove one (a 630i ragtop) when it first came out. Quite a lot of blind spots. Terrible indicator stalk switch system. I think the salesman saw my E24 parked outside and realised before we started that I wasn't going to buy an E63.

2 hours ago, crad said:

much as i would love huggy, i'm not sure a skint student is the right custodian for such a fine steed

I hate to admit: neither is a retired writer!  Until the right person does show up, I'll just have to keep him going on enthusiasm.

7 hours ago, SRi05 said:

The Silver Saab playing up? 

Nah, I'm driving a mile and using the starter 4 times.

home,  shop,  garage, home. 7 days a week lately. Charged it up now. The ECU knocks the starter off when battery gets a bit low it seems.

All's good in  Saab land, but I'd  still like an auto.

My fancy reverse camera didn't last long, but I've got used to where the back is now.

26 minutes ago, Mally said:

Nah, I'm driving a mile and using the starter 4 times.

home,  shop,  garage, home. 7 days a week lately. Charged it up now. The ECU knocks the starter off when battery gets a bit low it seems.

All's good in  Saab land, but I'd  still like an auto.

My fancy reverse camera didn't last long, but I've got used to where the back is now.

If I can find myself a nice auto SUV type thing, it'll be available 👍

The two itches I had on my list for years was a Volvo 240 and Amazon which are in the process of being scratched.

I really want a classic van, like a Bedford CF or an old Transit.

Toyota MR2 MK2, I absolutely love the look of them.

An 80s -90s clattery diesel Peugeot.

Fairway FX4

Toyota Century

1970s Celica

Triumph Toledo

I have also been toying with buying a broken 2006 LWB Trafic 1.9 and doing a complete overhaul and conversion to replace my 2013 Trafic. A sort of forever van, as they're so damn good but the whole DPF / DMF / Timing chain / gearbox thing may start to loom large with the newer one.

I would also like to build a car from scratch.

Given a suitable opportunity, I'd like a current model Daihatsu Taft and/or a Tata Nano (with the optional fire extinguisher).  For my performance car choice, a Bond 875 and for pure nostalgia a Ford Taunus 17m estate like my dad's.

Scan 115.jpeg