Old cars in the fold…

cpjitservices

Have been checking up on old cars I used to own see how many are on the road! More than I thought would be actually - surprising!

Was Wondering how many of my cars that I have sold/swapped on here are still good and on the road!

3 I think:

Rover 75 estate (@wuvvum) I think had that last

Saab 9-5 Estate (one of the best cars I ever owned) can’t remember who had that last - VE06HXM - very good car!!!!

VW Passat (@floatyflight) had that one - can’t remember who has it now. HT03 TRZ

Sorry I am terrible with name, have to sit and try remembering my own name some days! 

Hows my old cars doing? 

2 hours ago, cpjitservices said:

Have been checking up on old cars I used to own see how many are on the road! More than I thought would be actually - surprising!

Was Wondering how many of my cars that I have sold/swapped on here are still good and on the road!

3 I think:

Rover 75 estate (@wuvvum) I think had that last

Saab 9-5 Estate (one of the best cars I ever owned) can’t remember who had that last - VE06HXM - very good car!!!!

VW Passat (@floatyflight) had that one - can’t remember who has it now. HT03 TRZ

Sorry I am terrible with name, have to sit and try remembering my own name some days! 

Hows my old cars doing? 

Is that the Passat that @Cord Fourteener now has? 

5 hours ago, brownnova said:

Is that the Passat that @Cord Fourteener now has? 

Yarp I have the Passat, @leanycanhas dibs on it after me (for a total of three ownerships by him of HT03TRZ the partybus) but I'm enjoying it too much (and having far too much trouble-free motoring) to let go right now!

20210814_194806.jpg

5 hours ago, cpjitservices said:

Possibly so if he has the Passat of much power!

Much much power, I've no idea the numbers, I'm told about 170 to 180 hp so not huge numbers but i think the vast majority of that power is between 1500 and 3000 rpm, right where you need it. It's quite addictive. 

I'm guessing that the torque figures are around 400 nm@ 2000 or 3000rpm just because that 2000rpm acceleration is insane, especially if the top hp number is only* around 170hp.

I did try to get a 0-60 acceleration time so I could try to re-work the numbers but I had two problems: the GPS on my phone is not fast enough, I think its about 1 hz refresh rate, so that gives a +/- 1 second error and,  hilariously, the speedo needle lags the best part of a second behind the actual wheel speed! The speedo is literally not fast enough to be accurate. 

Plus also its impossible to get the wheels to hook up in first and sometimes 2nd gear on full tilt.

It's got that much pulling power that you can load the car up full and not notice any difference in performance until you need the brakes. 

12 hours ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Much much power, I've no idea the numbers, I'm told about 170 to 180 hp so not huge numbers but i think the vast majority of that power is between 1500 and 3000 rpm, right where you need it. It's quite addictive. 

I'm guessing that the torque figures are around 400 nm@ 2000 or 3000rpm just because that 2000rpm acceleration is insane, especially if the top hp number is only* around 170hp.

I did try to get a 0-60 acceleration time so I could try to re-work the numbers but I had two problems: the GPS on my phone is not fast enough, I think its about 1 hz refresh rate, so that gives a +/- 1 second error and,  hilariously, the speedo needle lags the best part of a second behind the actual wheel speed! The speedo is literally not fast enough to be accurate. 

Plus also its impossible to get the wheels to hook up in first and sometimes 2nd gear on full tilt.

It's got that much pulling power that you can load the car up full and not notice any difference in performance until you need the brakes. 

Splendid! Wish I could have kept the Passat as it was a good car! Glad your enjoying it and yes, that power delivery is great and its all the power you ever need!