Being sensible

Flat4

So on the weekend where we have panic buying of fuel, I'm doing the sensible thing and buying a car. And one that will drink fuel....

First mode of transport today was the V70 with Al twittering about the Proton Savvy and how if I'm having another car, then so is he...Fair enough but I think you'll soon see how different our tastes in cars is lol

2nd mode of transport today -

20210926_095107.thumb.jpg.afa064baf621e0e61113f67a6360d64d.jpg

This has required a bit of faffing to co-ordinate due to RMT strikes on Sundays for the foreseeable.

This could be fun....

Stopped for a burger :) First impressions - I'd forgotten what a big lazy engine this is :D Too easy to go over the limit and it not feel that fast. I'd also forgotten how nice the waste gate chatter is on these :D We'll see how it behaves over the next week and hopefully, some how, get another year's ticket on it.

13 minutes ago, Flat4 said:

20210926_172413.thumb.jpg.bc4a1284515cecb8e249d1e6c8391b68.jpg

Worse than that tho, I'm 29 miles from home, with the fuel light on and Tesco has run out of petrol..... Aaaaarrgh!!! 

That's a new one, if you press the clear button the display should return to DTE, distance to empty.

Fuel light came on with about 50 ish miles till empty for me.

okay i had a drive in it yesterday, is it just me or is the clutch pedal a couple of inches forward of the rest, now i am tall but with the very low bite it isn't comfortable, as half of scotoshite have owned it your views are welcome, have found 2 pairs of tyres in good nick to go on and keep the mot man happy, avon summer for thee front and falken winter o the back, thinking the harder compound will cope with the power better. it is a nae bad auld bus

10 hours ago, Flat4 said:

Have since found out that said MOT man doesn't like Saabs.... :o I suspect that's because he's seen a few as he seems to know how to fix the headlight levelling and the air bag light lol

I had an mot man who said he didn't like vw campers, I said to him if he passed  my camper then he wouldnt see it for another 12 months, whereas if he failed it then I would be back within 2 weeks! Luckily for both of us it passed!