Pain, Safrane and misery : Special treatment

Andyrew

This morning i dropped into the shithole that is luton to a fantastic place thats done a few jobs for me in the past 5 or so fuel tanks, and a disco rad recore for really good prices. 

Screenshot_20220222-095058.thumb.jpg.5583ea7cc2ee336371a5ca048c73d1ab.jpg

Took the little tank in to see if he could work some magic on it and expected to just drop it off and leave it with them. But he stuck some air up its chuff,  dropped it in the water tank and there was no leak! Now im doubting myself and baffled at the lack of leakage.  

After a quick hit with some heat from the blow torch this burned off the PSF in that area and then the wee leak revealed itself! Phew. 

He said he could patch the pin hole or go around the whole thing but he didnt see any benfit to the latter, i said id leave it with him and he could do what he felt best as cash wise i had nowt on me. He tinned it and blobbed on some solder and said not to worry about.  A top bloke as always. 

20220222_091132.thumb.jpg.8ddd3cd2d9bbc9982d29b4388cb3c2aa.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, I remember one fan being seized, however one was always enough to cool the car sufficiently. I cannot remember if I bought the replacements (I think I did) or if they came with the car but they've been waiting to be installed for a long time. Great to see it finally happening.