Pain, Safrane and misery : Special treatment

Andyrew

6 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

My £28 NOS (basically destined for skip/no cars left on road) SuziQ cat went "virtually NIL" emissions..... However, what it's like next test 🤔

NOS genuine or aftermarket though? 

the aftermarket ones are crap. Like said above, there’s sod all in the way of metals inside them to be sold that cheap. 

Agreed, 2 maybe 3 years would be good going for a pat cat,  But given the low desirabilty level and basement value of the big renault its  probably only got a few years left in a non fridge shape form on this planet. 

if the OG cat does have a good value and potentional "profit" to help with repair costs then thats a lemon id be happy to squeeze. Id rather we cash in that the scum that would steal it.  Same as i done with my shabby mazza. 

57 minutes ago, SiC said:

Cheap cats are usually ceramic catalyst instead of a lot of precious metals as a catalyst. Different technology. 

Problem with many of the aftermarket cats is that they have *too few elements. 

*too few holes, I reckon!! I think the cat was goosed [...obvz] but blocked too 😵

SuziQ is wayyy faster up the dial now 👍

New bleed nipple effort leaks worse than battered one on the drilled caliper.  Replacement caliper time then. 

the engine sump drain plug is also weeping. That explains the ptfe that was on it. 

Cars Like bloody a sieve it seems.! 

Tried to strip the shagged rear caliper down and thats got a seize retaining grub screw. 

Double bollocks

Some good news for a change, the  new n.s caliper arrived and today i lobbed that on. I also decided to repair the wear lead wires. These had be extended with a length of wire and scotch locks. I found some orange wire and soldered it on and a female connector some heatshrink sees that job jobbed. 

20211007_135943.thumb.jpg.a9fcc6b59c26338ac1306eab92f2376d.jpg

20211007_144554.thumb.jpg.decb790d0f149e34c712e259487384a1.jpg

22 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

Wow! A car that talks!!!! Does it call you Michael or Michelle? Vive la safrane! 

"Please select your gender"

*beeep*

"You have selected... Male. You will be called Papa. Is this correct?"

*beeep*

"You have selected... Female. You will be called Nicole. Is this correct?"

*beeep*

"You have selected... Bob Mortimer. You will now go on to YouTube and watch that little known advertisement where Nicole was about to marry Vic, but Bob stopped her".

15 hours ago, Fumbler said:

There must be a hidden ROM that says "Attention: This car is fucked. Refer to scrappage instructions."

I bet someone like @SiC or @cobblers could make a module that plays other things 😂

We could get @hairnet to re-record all of the commands...