East Anglia - MEATUP. Who's keen?

BorniteIdentity

Inspired by @Angrydickymusing about the excellent Anglia Motel in Spalding - I realised this would be the perfect place for a tyre kicking and a plate of cholesterol.  After all, it is classic Autoshite territory.

ANGLIA MOTEL AND RESTAURANT, Spalding - Updated 2021 Restaurant Reviews,  Photos & Phone Number - Tripadvisor

The reviews include "terrible", "awful customer service" and other appealing vocabulary.  It's also got a flat roof...

No photo description available.

9340160961_b7c98b6f5b_k.thumb.jpg.2b62b3f731e4ac8f5c2f7d3acfc3a667.jpg

image.png.c99e3c91592591b6c947dd89a59b7ce3.png

Should we say a Sunday towards the end of October?  I know some people SORN at that time anyway, so it'd be a good way of using up the last of the petrol (if you can still get any by then).

Anyone keen?

I think the reviews for this place are very unfair.

Yes, the girl serving behind the counter was quite surly. She was fit, though, so I wasn’t too fussed. The owner is an old bloke who is really into his military history. Lovely bloke and very friendly.  There’s a little jumble sale by the door with all proceeds going to charity.

My food has been good and reasonably priced,  all the times I’ve been there.

A lot of negative reviews come from the fact that they don’t people other than actual customers use their toilets. I think that’s fair enough really and to be fair there’s a massive sign by the door stating the same.

The decor is something else. I think there’s three different types of artex in there for a start! There is an equally dated looking bar/function room adjoining the cafe, but I don’t get the impression that gets much use! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 5:51 PM, Mally said:

Yeah that’s the place. Never tried the other one, i think anything would be a disappointment after the AM.

Interesting to read about the history of the place.