"Geraldine" 1951 Morris Minor

Foz

A new day, a new project

In a moment of madness I agreed to go half with my brother on a 1951 Morris Minor MM named Geraldine.  The madness is that I already have a "project" which I have already posted on here some time ago (not much has happend to that), and I still don't have a garage to store any of them in... anyway the Minor was delivered yesterday and we spent most of the day moving a shed and fence to get the car round the back of my house, there is nice hard concrete floor to work off of back there.  

Well, about the car.  its rotten as usual, the door bottoms have completely gone and I suspect there is some rot in the "internal" door mounting panels as you can hear crunching noises when putting force onto the doors themselves.  the rear floor pans have detached from the rest of the car just below the back seat and I think a rear suspension mount is going to be needing replacement.  Luckily most panels for this car you can buy to fix most of the problems.  the unusual thing is that the sills and front floor pans seem to be fine (I think they've been replaced before) and the chassis/outriggers seem ok, a little crusty here and there but from what I can see sicking my head under the car it seem ok (not great, not bad).

On the plus side the car has had the 1098cc engine and gearbox from a Minor 1000 fitted and it runs and drives.  sadly no history with the car except the old style logbook.  Not sure if the engine has been converted to unleaded but I will be checking that when the engine eventually comes out.  Gears seem ok but again a full service will be carried out.

Plan is to hopefully within the next year build a concrete sectional garage around the car (concrete base already there luckily) and buy a body roller to do a complete body restoration.  luckily the bumper mounts seem solid and so hopefully use these to mount it to body rollover jig.

This will be our first restoration for us but I think you cant get any simpler than a minor and its a good car to "learn" on. (fingers crossed), Though if anybody has any knowledge to pass on  I would be eternally grateful. 

Well here's some pictures of where the car stands now, work wont start straight away (I still need to buy most equipment, welder etc)  but any progress will always be updated here. 

IMG_20210919_194808.jpg

IMG_20210919_194643.jpg

IMG_20210919_194741.jpg

IMG_20210919_194756.jpg