Brummagemshite

chaseracer

3 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Many a night lost on that road, fight gotten in to, ah - memories.

Last time I was there, I was on the top floor of the new Snobs, and shouting abuse at some tosser who was kicked out of the club. Kept trying to get back in, bouncer kept kicking him out

Genuinely could've been my mate Jamie 

Speaking of the Gravelly Hill Interchange...

13939438_566308850237251_8406459957556140192_n.thumb.jpg.aa5f19dac7e018c9cc6f3d378bcb377e.jpg

This photo did the rounds around the world a few years ago, as someone was putting together an exhibition of the Irish in Birmingham. Notice, if you will, the only one there with a hard hat on was the priest!

Years prior to said exhibition, my Dad was in Ireland with my sister and he went to see a bloke he had worked with. They were chatting away and the man goes to my Dad that he's got a photo he should see. My dad's looking at the photo, bemused at it. My sister said he looked at the bloke, practically shrugging as much to say "What about this photo?". The bloke goes to him that he's in it. Dad looks at it again, and he thinks he's being had. The bloke points my own Dad out to him, and he's there on the right crouching down. It sort of clicks with my Dad, but he goes to the bloke that he has no recollection of ever working on Spaghetti Junction. "Why wouldn't you?" the man replies, "you were always blind drunk when you bothered to turn up at all". He wasn't the only one there either who would've been drunk building the whole thing! Also turns out my Dad had a nickname of "one day" which I only found out about at his funeral, as he'd only show up for work one day a week. And I thought the cheek of him to give me shit for not working!

Later on, with the now wife, it turns out her god father's dad worked on Spaghetti aswell but was more of a suit kind of role than labourer like my Dad. But that photo, I think, was taken roughly around the time it'd have been opened, so my Dad would've been around the god father's Dad at that moment in time. Synchronisty things like that I absolutely love.