What Car Next....

cpjitservices

Hi all

Had my Jag S Type 1 year this coming February... and I am wondering what car I will get next!

I just cannot decide what I want next, I'd really like to try an Audi Allroad or a nice A6 with petrol engine....

Could even go with an XJ6 of similar age maybe with 3 litre V6?

At some point I really would like a V8 in my life so maybe Lexus LS400 on classic insurance?

Or Range Rover - 05 plate upwards maybe even a Discovery!

Who knows!

Cant make my mind up which I would like, though its going to be hard finding anything that has power like the Jag does with its remap.... I think I would miss that power! Unless of course.... V8 pawerrrrrrr!!!!

:)

Always something about a V8, the torque,  the noise.. the fuel bill!  Get one.. no 2, I did.

I'd probbaly pass on the 3.0 by petrol XJ. I had the  2.5 in an X type and it was lovely and smooth  despite only 195hp. The 3.0 has another 30 or 35 and returned the same so so MPG of 30. The XJ is a bigger heavier car but without 4wd so figure on similar to mid 20s or worse consumption. And that slams you into  a bigger  V8 engine for the same or better runing costs. Using manmaths (shite edition) that makes more sense?  That or a Lexus.

Don’t bother with an early A6 Allroad they throw suspension issues up for shits n giggles. I have a 2015 Allroad and it’s brilliant however has started making a weird noise from engine so not holding my hopes up unfortunately. Discoveries are good if you need something that size, not very good if you’re just using it for nipping the shops or going for a long journey somewhere on your own. Better off with a car. Good luck in your search! 

On 9/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

I struggled to get classic insurance on my LS400, even at nearly 30 years old (the car, not me). I wouldn't say they're obviously V8-ish, and my early one doesn't have a lot of torque lowdown, it's more about the smoothness and refinement.

I have been fancying an LS400 or 430 for quite some time!

Any one up for swaps.... S Type lol.

I am hoping to get an odler car like LS400 as I still have my classic car policy from my old Volvo 740.... I struggle to get anything on credit at the minute hence Jag may have to go soon as I wont get insured on it due to financial stuff with an IVA... I cant even get a mobile phone contract.

Least if I get an older car and can put it on my classic policy which is paid up then that would help!

If you're ok with VAG stuff (vcds a good buy I would say), I don't think the Audi A8 would miss the mark? 

Great to drive, real V8 power, and the interior is just beautiful.  I'm getting 30-32 mpgs, but that is all A roads, town driving would be different I think!

Also, real bargain prices out there, and I've found parts easy/reasonably priced.  I've always fancied the ls400 too, but they rust... and once you've had an aluminium bodied car, it would be hard to go back!  

Mine was £1500, with 130k on it.  Has had tyres, front wheel bearings, anti roll bar ends, upper control arms, and niff naff jobs, but I have put nearly 20,000 miles on it in the past year, and I love it dearly for its effortless commuting abilities.  Currently needs X2 abs sensors and a CV joint,  but I think any 18 year old car could have needed this stuff by now, and they're not bad to work on.

The stereo must be one of the best ever fitted to a car as well!

Good luck with the search!