It's O..mega, and it's now gone

omegod

My Dad didn't think that much about the first Omega he had in 1996, compared to the Carlton it replaced.  Stingy spec & too many things went wrong with in the four year he had it.

The second one was a lot more to his taste, he wanted to buy it off the lease company when he retired but they wanted too much money for it.

6 hours ago, omegod said:

Sadly not me old mucker, it worked out that a full system wasn't much more than a backbox so she got the full new one, very grateful for the pipes though and they are here if you need em back 

No they were taking up space. 

6 hours ago, horriblemercedes said:

Fantastic. Omegas are great cars and that one is just lovely 

A manual 3.0 Elite must be an absolute unicorn now. very rare when new and maybe none left now, other than the Vauxhall Heritage car

Cheers.  Vaux auctioned that off a few months ago. wasn't that great condition wise and had 70 k on the clock 

What I find amazing, and I don’t know if it’s just me or not, but isn’t it great to find such a clean, low mileage example of a car that was bought by reps, or folk that needed to chew the mileage up… usually cars like this have had a hard life, like an E39 bmw…. Find one with less than 100k on it and you’ve struck gold at the end of the rainbow. (Funnily enough I’ve been offered an ex police e39 tourer for not much money) 

I have only ever been in one omega - a company car that my mate borrowed. He remarked the 2.5 V6 was not much good from the lights but one it was going it was ok. The car was moved one when the engine developed a rattle - dealer said he would need it for a week...

Very nice motor.

A mate of mine had 2 Omega's, a pre-facelift & a facelift, he did a lot of miles & seemed happy with them.  I always preferred the pre-facelift both outside & in, the design looked far better IMO. I really didn't like the later grille.

Cool leather too.

3 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

What a flipping honey.

When I used to 'design' cars as a 13 year-old, my output plagiarised the Omega grille and front foglight / bumper arrangement for several years.

Also. those alloy wheels are among the greats.

I used to rip off the Triumph Acclaim as my elderly neighbours had one (gold on a Y plate). I was destined for this place from a young age...

14 hours ago, GeordieInExile said:

I used to rip off the Triumph Acclaim as my elderly neighbours had one (gold on a Y plate). I was destined for this place from a young age...

An Acclaim was my first car in '98; I conceptualised it on TSW Stealths and it looked too silly to translate to real life.

• omegod changed the title to It's O..mega, and it's now for sale, £4.5k
  • omegod changed the title to It's O..mega, and it's now gone

I shed a tear as this little beauty was collected today but she's gone to the absolute bestest home possible in a private collection with some phenomenal company, 3 Lotus Carltons  and pretty much the cream of the 80's and 90's performance cars where she will be appreciated and cosseted.