66 Mustang coupe

Low Horatio gearbox

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 11:28 PM, danthecapriman said:

Certainly looks ‘vintage’! Probably for the best it’s been changed!

You've reminded me, changing the diff oil is a job I need to get done on my Mercury. 

Sincere apologies for the thread drift but do you have a thread on the Mercury Dan? Can't find it. Back on topic, the Mustang is looking awesome and I'm still sulking that I couldn't buy the VX

Just now, Low Horatio gearbox said:

@Asimo  I've centered  it better now but thats "as std" 🤷‍♂️ it only has too deal with the- damping forces not suspension forces

@Matty  I'd have loved for it to stay in the shitefold. Next time, tho I suspect it'll turn up witha  5 digit price  sadly.

Long as it turns up looking roughly the same. It'd worry me someone will pineapple it. Still though, their car now

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Sincere apologies for the thread drift but do you have a thread on the Mercury Dan? Can't find it. Back on topic, the Mustang is looking awesome and I'm still sulking that I couldn't buy the VX

I’ve not really updated it for some time tbh. Various updates etc have gone in other threads too but: 

It was from around the time Photobucket started arsing around so I’m not sure all the photos are there anymore either.

I should probably start another thread or combined thread for all my stuff? Might be a better plan?

Sorry for the hijack LHg. 
Mustangs looking fab! Still love the colour👍

35 minutes ago, Matty said:

Long as it turns up looking roughly the same. It'd worry me someone will pineapple it. Still though, their car now

He knew his 60s and 70s vx stuff well -he spent an hour going over it before making any buying noises. I guess a good extensive renovation if not a full  restoration is on the cards. (I hope not a quick washa nd a flip  tho he didnt seem that kind)

Hijack away Dan  - I need to read that now I'm back up to speed with your let's be honest rather lovely Capri - in fact I thought if you yesterday when I saw an ad for a Mercury like yours for just £2k -condition consummate with asking price.

• 4 weeks later...

Car continues to car.

Though in the last 2 weeks it has felt somewhat hesitant at times slightly rough running but only momentarily. The usual visual inspection of opening the bonnet and sucking teeth while vaguely poking  like I knew what I was doing yielded little obvious culprits.

Till yesterday when I opened the bonnet to show a friend  and petrol was liberally dripping out of the carb from the  accelerator  diaphragm.  Opening it up and the rubber had given up  where it meets the metal disc.  9 quid and one was on it's way and arrived today. Not quite the right fit - my screw holes are slightly closer, but making it fit was about 5 minutes work with a punch and the leak is gone, performance restored and improved and no puddles of petrol.

20220922_141041.jpg

20220922_141030.jpg