“Cullectun day.... so it is” (broad Belfast accent obviously)

Faker

So the A3 tdi and the k11 Micra Si 1.3 are heading off to new ownership. The search for a fun beater has turned up a rather unusual vehicle that I never actually knew existed! Very very common vehicle but just a very unusual spec. Updates to follow tomorrow when collection begins!

Edited by Faker
Title change

10 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

My money's on a base spec Audi TT.

304762260_Screenshot_20210831-2335012.thumb.png.56960cb68bc8d2e7afa6db92e82687b5.png

With a 4-speed gearbox, an analogue clock in place of a tachometer, and fragile shiny grey interior plastics like an unpainted Airfix kit.

Bon appetit.

That is as poverty spec an Audi as I've ever seen. Quality.

I want to make one now

20 hours ago, Faker said:

So the A3 tdi and the k11 Micra Si 1.3 are heading off to new ownership. The search for a fun beater has turned up a rather unusual vehicle that I never actually knew existed! Very very common vehicle but just a very unusual spec. Updates to follow tomorrow when collection begins!

Corolla diesel obvs

• Faker changed the title to “Cullectun day.... so it is” (broad Belfast accent obviously)

So here it is. Little Yaris SR.... 12 odd years old... and an 1800cc. Never knew they were a thing until a couple of days ago.. and this was the only one for sale in Ireland (north or south).

basically an updated or de-tuned Celica 1.8VVTi engine with 133bhp.

It’s an absolute hoot!!!

1AC877CD-7FD9-4D60-8CC8-8875B6CC8BE5.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

Should be brave and nippy with the 1.8 in it - sounds like the sort of things Australians would confect for no real reason.

Is it badged as a T-Sport, or just standard enough trim but specced with a big motor?

It’s an SR. Bucket seats, fancy front and rear bumpers, side skirts and a boot spoiler etc. Drives just like my old Group N (EG) Civic rally car I had about 20 years ago! Right rapid wee thing - not exactly blistering in the slightest.... but more than capable