My chariot for the weekend - 1961 Bedford CA

PrinceRupert

Got power steering and brakes are okay so not too bad to drive

Told it will do 70 but is a bit scary at that speed and 50 is better

Have been cruising around with door open and no seatbelts (seats from i think an alfa 156) and its great. Does 50 fine on motorway.  Draws loads of positive attention

Was stuck for the last two hours queing for the dartford tunnel with a broken temperature gauge...fortunately behaved itself

Handbrake is wank though and isnt always easy to get into gear so hill start sections were fun. Managed to stall once after getting 3rd instead of 1st and it took a few goes to get it to start again. Was fun in the middle of a four lane motorway...

6 hours ago, PrinceRupert said:

. Managed to stall once after getting 3rd instead of 1st and it took a few goes to get it to start again. Was fun in the middle of a four lane motorway...

I bet they were very patient* with the camper wanker  distinguished gent in a venerable mobile home. They do look so grumpy from the front, don't they?

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

I bet they were very patient* with the camper wanker  distinguished gent in a venerable mobile home. They do look so grumpy from the front, don't they?

Happened twice in the end and didn't get tooted at once...not sure they would have been so patient if I was in a white Audi!

Looks like a fun thing to trundle around in for the weekend, but if it's being hired from a professional company (rather than from your mate Dave*) I'd have liked/expected to see a current MOT.  Last one expired 2013.  Yes, I know it's not a legal requirement but...

*other mates are available

9 minutes ago, BeEP said:

Looks like a fun thing to trundle around in for the weekend, but if it's being hired from a professional company (rather than from your mate Dave*) I'd have liked/expected to see a current MOT.  Last one expired 2013.  Yes, I know it's not a legal requirement but...

*other mates are available

Yes I did wonder that.  It is not hired from a mate but a hobbyist turned van hire company round the corner who has three or four vans being rented from his driveway.