Those 'quote' stickers from the 70's and 80's

DavidB

I know these would a little bit out of place on gangster Barry's financed 2016 Audi A3 TFSi (with the blacked out windows and sub woofer exhaust), but whatever happened to these and why isn't at least one person selling exact reproductions of these on ebay to the retro-community?

If this van's rockin', don't bother knockin' ... hilarious 🤪

239521396_218879983515252_5124037235032033353_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/CheapClassicCarsUK/photos/a.102385475164704/218879976848586/

They've evolved in to those white stickers, with quotes from Paul Walker and Colin McRae - which, considering the fact they both ran out of talent, you'd have to wonder why you'd want that on your own vehicle. 

1 hour ago, St.Jude said:

They've evolved in to those white stickers, with quotes from Paul Walker and Colin McRae - which, considering the fact they both ran out of talent, you'd have to wonder why you'd want that on your own vehicle. 

Pretty sure McRae ran out of sky, rather than talent?

Mentioned on another thread, a mate of mine had a neighbour who owned a newish 924 back in the 80s. He adorned the back window of his wife‘s decrepit Shove-It with the legend “My other car is a Porsche”. Private Eye used to sell ironically funny* stickers at the time , among them “My other car is also a Porsche” and “My other car sticker is funny.

17 minutes ago, Bren said:

Those flash thingies that you stuck along the top of the windscreen - the drivers had " Me" and the passenger side " Arrlass".

...were a huge moneyspinner for both the firms that made them and the accessory shops that sold them. Especially with guys who changed their girl regularly, and wanted the correct name each time (not as a memory jog, of course)

11 minutes ago, Sham said:

I remember a Lenny Henry sketch with the name on the top of the windscreen thing. On one side 'Lenny' and on the other a list of name attached to a bus destination machine thing.

I seem to recall a similar sketch on (I think) Not the Nine O'Clock News which had a Mini 1275GT with a blokes name on one side and a whole list of names spanning the width of the windscreen on the other 

In the 80's my mk3 had 

The yanks have ragen, Jonny cash,Bob hope & Stevie wonder!

We have Thatcher no cash no hope & no bloody wonder!

These days two of my mk3's have 

I'd rather push a ford than drive a vauxhall.

The other has 

This is ford country on a quiet night you can here a vauxhall rust.

The falcon Ute has  one of those race track outlines of mount panarama Bathurst confuses the chavs no end.