Scottish Vintage Bus Museum Open Weekend, Dunfirmline

MondeoBlues

2 hours ago, MondeoBlues said:

20210822_150716.jpg

20210822_150722.jpg

20210822_150833.jpg

Some real pioneers amongst this lot. The Glasgow Corporation bus is a Leyland Titan TD1. Looks like a Leyland Body on it too. The Alexander Single Decker is a Leyland Tiger. Possibly a TS Series. 

Tiger and Titan were in the 'T Range' designed by G J Rackham, a respected Designer. They were the first purpose-built Bus Chassis; prior to their introduction, Lorries and Buses shared the same Chassis. In some cases, they had Demountable Bodies to enable use as a PCV during the day and an LGV at night! 

The T Range had a lower Chassis Frame that arched over the Rear Axle and allowed a lower floor and a low entrance platform. 

AEC poached GJ Rackham and he designed the Reliance and Regal. 

The Edinburgh Bus is a Leyland Atlantean which in its original form introduced front entrance and transverse rear engines to operators. The one pictured might be an AN68. I'm not up with Leyland Chassis Codes of that era. 

Anyway, thanks very much for sharing! Great to see these vehicles lovingly restored and operational! 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

I enclose one of my oldest badges. An original Leyland Atlantean Badge with Atlas carrying the globe on his shoulders. 🤓

DSC_8600.JPG

4 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

Some real pioneers amongst this lot. The Glasgow Corporation bus is a Leyland Titan TD1. Looks like a Leyland Body on it too. The Alexander Single Decker is a Leyland Tiger. Possibly a TS Series. 

Tiger and Titan were in the 'T Range' designed by G J Rackham, a respected Designer. They were the first purpose-built Bus Chassis; prior to their introduction, Lorries and Buses shared the same Chassis. In some cases, they had Demountable Bodies to enable use as a PCV during the day and an LGV at night! 

The T Range had a lower Chassis Frame that arched over the Rear Axle and allowed a lower floor and a low entrance platform. 

AEC poached GJ Rackham and he designed the Reliance and Regal. 

The Edinburgh Bus is a Leyland Atlantean which in its original form introduced front entrance and transverse rear engines to operators. The one pictured might be an AN68. I'm not up with Leyland Chassis Codes of that era. 

Anyway, thanks very much for sharing! Great to see these vehicles lovingly restored and operational! 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

I enclose one of my oldest badges. An original Leyland Atlantean Badge with Atlas carrying the globe on his shoulders. 🤓

DSC_8600.JPG

This is what I'm here for  

Sorry to go off topic..but I was involved with this old ex/Cardiff bus in its latter years in Europe..last I heard from Gary (RIP-mentioned in article) was that the block had cracked in a freeze..it was on his land he shared with another mate...the end of this story was that the now French owner thought he had a goldmine and hiked the price massively...so it was never rescued..so i believe..

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/how-rusty-cardiff-bus-1960s-10337549