Favourite TV adverts

garethj

1 hour ago, Richard_FM said:

I remember seeing that a lot, they get driven away in a Ford Zephyr Mk2 soft top at the end.  "Big" Ron Tarr, Chris "Mike" Ryan & Brian "Flying Picket" Hibbard?

The short one is Daniel Peacock, he also appeared in one of the "Wot no meat?" ads for British meat. Was also Mental Mickey' in the episode of Only Fools and Horses where Rodney formed a band ("I DO THE ONE-TWO-THREE-FOURS!!!")

15 hours ago, Fat_Pirate said:

Funny, I was going to post this one. I only remember it because I caught the last half of it on VHS recording something off channel 4 in 1988 and it is the first thing on the tape. Still got the tape, somewhere. Don't have anything to play it on though.

2 hours ago, AndyW201 said:

The short one is Daniel Peacock, he also appeared in one of the "Wot no meat?" ads for British meat. Was also Mental Mickey' in the episode of Only Fools and Horses where Rodney formed a band ("I DO THE ONE-TWO-THREE-FOURS!!!")

Peacock was also in this which my Dad fondly remembers: 

(With bonus MK1 Transit action)

21 hours ago, AndyW201 said:

He also adapted The Diary Of a Teenage Health Freak for TV, & appeared in it as Peter's Dad. 

On 1/5/2022 at 1:51 AM, AndyW201 said:

He played Toby in the 1980's film "Party Party" with lots of other unknown actors, some now famous.

Great film if you were a teenager back then, as it is of its time. 

Fair bit of Mark III Cortina action too, and a great soundtrack.

"You smell of horses..."

Does anyone remember the cosmetic advert (possibly Insignia) made around 1990 & set in the future where towards the end of the Ad the 20 something  star walks past a woman of the same age & says "Hi Gran!".  She looked a bit like Kylie Minogue.

There was a later ad where the Gran explained what the buttons on her arm did, apart from one!

On 8/24/2021 at 2:22 AM, Tadhg Tiogar said:

There's mad, and then there's Grace Jones:

Citroën. L'origine de la tecnologie créative.

Spitting Image did a brilliant piss take of this, comparing ‘French car’ which showed the CX driving out of Grace’s head and then ‘British car’ where a generic gormless idiot rubber head coughed out a Corgi Mini Metro! 

Was there an Allegro one with the Nolan Sisters, or have I just dreamt that?

The tagline was ‘Allegro’s got vroom for Five’ which also featured on posters (there’s a famous pic of Red Robbo holding a union meeting in front of one of these ads). 

The TV ad definitely featured 1970s ‘glamorous’ ladies, maybe the Nolans just did the song and Pans People or similar did the leggy bits. 

19 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Was there an Allegro one with the Nolan Sisters, or have I just dreamt that?

The tagline was ‘Allegro’s got vroom for Five’ which also featured on posters (there’s a famous pic of Red Robbo holding a union meeting in front of one of these ads). 

The TV ad definitely featured 1970s ‘glamorous’ ladies, maybe the Nolans just did the song and Pans People or similar did the leggy bits. 

Presumably you mean this one? Not the Nolans nor Pans People though.

• 5 weeks later...