Citroen C6 Prototype at Conservatoire Citroën

jamescarruthers

I only had a brief time to visit Conservatoire Citroen but thought I would ask nicely if I could get closer to the C6 prototype. They kindly obliged but sadly it was locked so they couldn’t let me photograph the inside properly. 

Thought fellow shitters might appreciate these:

E19ECAB2-B0B0-4DC6-B418-30C69BC9CC97.jpeg

E856FD2E-8EE6-4789-A703-7134207850C4.jpeg

035AA39E-31A3-4110-B11A-9B77B84E1AE3.jpeg

3267BCF9-B342-4D6B-A8F7-7199134868F8.jpeg

3708C563-2184-41B0-80C3-6E60AF5F97A1.jpeg

C63726D4-9EB0-41CA-8F5F-7A52C2FFD1AB.jpeg

FFA6EC7E-832D-4CDE-8883-4B856B2F7E15.jpeg

7 minutes ago, maxxo said:

oh i bet that's a great place to visit

Absolutely fantastic! This is my second time. 

Sadly no Mk. 1 or 2 C5, just the Mk. 3 C7.  They are much tighter on space at this new location. I really wish I’d visited the previous place before they downsized. 

5 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

Absolutely fantastic! This is my second time. 

Sadly no Mk. 1 or 2 C5, just the Mk. 3 C7.  They are much tighter on space at this new location. I really wish I’d visited the previous place before they downsized. 

may have to pay it a visit at some point

I went there in 2019 whilst they were preparing cars for the Citroen centenary exhibition, so some vehicles have since been sold, like the prototype for a 21st century "H" van.

For those contemplating a visit, I think you still have to book an appointment (@jamescarruthers will confirm?) but getting there is a doddle by RER/bus from central Paris. On the same bus route (350) you can also take in the air museum at Le Bourget.

@jamescarruthers do they still have that flattened car hanging from the wall in the shop?!

15 minutes ago, R1152 said:

I went there in 2019 whilst they were preparing cars for the Citroen centenary exhibition, so some vehicles have since been sold, like the prototype for a 21st century "H" van.

For those contemplating a visit, I think you still have to book an appointment (@jamescarruthers will confirm?) but getting there is a doddle by RER/bus from central Paris. On the same bus route (350) you can also take in the air museum at Le Bourget.

@jamescarruthers do they still have that flattened car hanging from the wall in the shop?!

You can book online (I did last time) but it is not necessary. This time I just turned up. It was absolutely dead this time and last!

I think I saw the 21st century H-van— it had a massive pig nose. 

Flattened (ZX?) still on the wall in the gift shop too. 

ë

49 minutes ago, jamescarruthers said:

You can book online (I did last time) but it is not necessary. This time I just turned up. It was absolutely dead this time and last!

I think I saw the 21st century H-van— it had a massive pig nose. 

Flattened (ZX?) still on the wall in the gift shop too. 

Interesting re: the new H, because I thought they were selling it? One of @dollywobbler's vids covered the centenary celebrations and it was certainly on offer at the time - photo here:

1462257162_CitroenH21Cprototype.thumb.jpg.90ca2c0873c7eb92140d3b667d4fe6b4.jpg

When I went there it was extremely quiet too - I don't think it gets that much footfall which in some ways is a blessing but could also be its undoing. I get the impression it is intended for the hard-core Citroëniste.

Yes, the pig-H was certainly still there— still next to the taxi. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if it closed one day. When I visited pre-pandemic they had to switch the lights on for me. This time there were about 4 other visitors in the time I was there. 

I think they have one of nearly everything I’d like to see apart from the C5. I love a DS, 2CV abd Traction Avant but if space is tight does there really need to be 10 of each!

Either a way a great day out and I absolutely loved it. I will go again for sure. 

P.S. I also did the Silverstone museum a few weeks ago and that was the biggest pile of wank I have ever endured. 

Interesting to see it so close. In some ways I think the production car improves on it; but I will never understand why the WIDE MOUTH look, because they didn't go all-in on art deco elsewhere.

Projet L still spluttering about there?

5 hours ago, RichardK said:

Interesting to see it so close. In some ways I think the production car improves on it; but I will never understand why the WIDE MOUTH look, because they didn't go all-in on art deco elsewhere.

Projet L still spluttering about there?

It's certainly in the book about the collection you can buy.

I'd say in this rare occasion the production car looks better than the concept. It's cool but a lot of the detail that didn't make it onto the production car are a bit daft and it seems to have carried over the important stuff.

9 hours ago, R1152 said:

It's certainly in the book about the collection you can buy.

I don’t doubt it was for sale, I remember reading the catalogue at the time and marvelling at some of the stuff. I wonder if it would have just been an ornament for someone, without a chance of being road legal and remained unsold? Their road legal cars must have sold very well, I remember some fantastic XMs being offered.