old shite down my way

bones96

These are lovely period pictures bones. Very 8) Looks like the scruffy Marina finally died sometime in 1984 :( The vehicle details for PAP 978M are: Date of Liability 01 09 1984 Date of First Registration 01 04 1974 Year of Manufacture Not Available Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1275CC CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type Petrol Export Marker Not Applicable Vehicle Status Unlicensed Vehicle Colour GREY

You forget just how much of a state comparatively new cars got into back then.. that marina looks utterly knackered.. yet according to dvla it was ten years old at most! you just dont see youngish cars looking that rough now.My mk3 cortina rusts like buggery if you dont watch it like a hawk. Run it through one winter and it will be covered in rust blotches by spring

Cars used to start looking like that Marina after about six years of average use and care, less if they had a hard life. I can remember seeing an S plate Fiat 128 in the banger racing in 1982. My first (legal) car was an eight year old Chrysler Sunbeam for £170 and it was firmly in shed territory. I looked at an 02 plate LDV Pilot van last year and its 1970s roots were obvious. It wasn't quite falling to bits but there were several places on the bodywork that I could have picked a hole. I just knew that one winter on my commute would have it looking very scruffy indeed.