I saw An Car but what was it? - Mystery SOLVED!

vulgalour

I haven't been able to draw what I saw but I have been able to make this from the various suggestions in thread.  This is the closest I can get to what I remember so while the details aren't exact, the proportions are about what it was.  Used the smooth Stagea as a base and it still needed a lot of altering to get it close to what I remember.

852676124_mysterycar.thumb.jpg.58ef0c121c847cd20b5d20530a034762.jpg

The key thing is that sort of vacant looking front end.  That's the thing that made it jump out so much in traffic combined with just how non-styled the whole thing was.  Here's a before of the Stagea for reference too, so you can see how much I've actually had to change and why I don't think it was a Stagea.

1200px-2001-2004_NISSAN_STAGEA.jpg.a3de19ae1b7b205e1d78df1e4dadb5c0.thumb.jpg.28118ee1698d1191ad1c6251acc4dc60.jpg

That might actually be what it was!  The 'face' looks right and some image searching highlights some of them have quite plain bodies and bumpers, some don't have the roof bars, but otherwise that's so close to what I saw that I think that's what it was and I've never heard of one of those before.

Actually, I'm 99.9% sure it's a Kia Joice now.  This one is the same colour, a similar angle to the one I saw, and looks the right sort of 'big'.  A lot of the side details disappear making it look plainer than it is, the vestigial box arches look more like reflections which make it seem like it has no side mouldings or details, like the Stagea.  So yeah, pretty sure this is what I saw, and I've never, ever heard of one.

kia-joice-20i-16v-2000r-bez-wkladu-srebrny-429002177.thumb.jpg.3070f6a7a374ce3903ca2928338ac9ae.jpg

• vulgalour changed the title to I saw An Car but what was it? - Mystery SOLVED!
2 hours ago, morrisoxide said:

I guess the years of looking at oddball imports at/for work is finally paying off.

When I was looking at photos they seem popular in Poland and Russia.  That makes sense, there's quite a few Polish registered cars locally so it's probable someone has imported it, or brought it with them, from Poland.  Top marks though, treat yourself to a Freddo.