I bought a big and joined the circus.

puddlethumper

I was in Hartlepool to collect a thing with wheels yesterday. 6 wheels to be precise. I alluded to it in the News thread. Before I reveal what, perhaps a little guessing game. It's 30ft long, Cummins 8.3 dizzle, Garret turbot and is left hand drive with a four speed Allison automatic gearbag. As I said in the News I don't think one has ever been on here although I could be wrong. Come on shiters have a guess, as there may be a small prize.

5 minutes ago, Inspector Morose said:

Didn’t the Ram have the six pot Cummins?
Years ago a Canadian artist came to our garage on the scrounge for some bus bits. He’d imported his pickup and I’m sure a 6bt was looking back at me.

Yeah, they do, but the 6BT isn't 8.3 litres.

5 minutes ago, SteersWithThrottle said:

ERF used Cummins engines in some of theirs.

I was specifically thinking of the 8.3 though - I know the 6B/6BT, L10, M11, N14 etc were used in all sorts over here but I couldn't come up with any UK market answers for the 8.3 C series.

38 minutes ago, Crackers said:

I was specifically thinking of the 8.3 though - I know the 6B/6BT, L10, M11, N14 etc were used in all sorts over here but I couldn't come up with any UK market answers for the 8.3 C series.

Bus use - Dennis Dart SPD, Trident and Javelin all used the C series.

41 minutes ago, 83C said:

Bus use - Dennis Dart SPD, Trident and Javelin all used the C series.

I thought the Dart just used Bs (with a strange tone difference between the early and later variants)? I believe the larger and rarer Lance had the C series.

ZOMG though, what a symphony.

Edit - I think their last fire trucks also used the C series, albeit they must have been only 4x2s.