Bo11ox' Aircraft Carrier

Mr_Bo11ox

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Is there gun case in the boot .... Should only be driven wearing sunglasses and leather gloves 

Which gloves though?
Posh driving gloves (I'm the driver M8, I never get involved on the pavement. These knuckles are virgins.)

Driving Gloves Car Motorcycle Biker Genuine Leather Police Driver Gloves  Black | eBay

Or a la Bond (multi-tasking is a thing)

Dents James Bond Spectre Perforated Leather Driving Gloves | James Bond  Canada

8 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Ah shit man, just look at how much more you could have earned with a poorly-drafted description and a few hastily-snapped photos outside some old pile. 

£50 says this is back on the bay before the month is out.

Screenshot_20240211-094508_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

Which gloves though?
Posh driving gloves (I'm the driver M8, I never get involved on the pavement. These knuckles are virgins.)

Driving Gloves Car Motorcycle Biker Genuine Leather Police Driver Gloves  Black | eBay

Or a la Bond (multi-tasking is a thing)

Dents James Bond Spectre Perforated Leather Driving Gloves | James Bond  Canada

Id prob go for the Gorman in Brannigan look , however as it AS instead of a Ropey E type id be trying to knock the duke down in a black Hyundai coupe ...

20240211_181841.thumb.jpg.c19b0a771d63d26af89577ed05aef2bd.jpg

Found this in a damp corner today, came out of that car.  When bought in 2007 the then owner boasted how fantastic and reliable it was and he would jump in it now and drive to Scotland, it wouldn't miss a beat.  Took two days to drive home from Essex to Heathrow as it would run for 7 miles then stop, not fun on the M25. We made it to South Mimms and came back the next day armed with plugs and points etc., then dived into it.

I found a lot of very fine rust in the carburettor, the fuel pump has a glass bowl and looked okay but there was an additional inline filter that also looked clean. Then I noticed it was round the wrong way, took it off and it was packed solid with fine rust from the tank. New filter fitted and we sailed home.

With the carb top off there is a loose check ball for the accelerator pump, seems someone had dropped said ball down the inlet and caused all that damage to the piston compressing the ring lands so the rings were stuck hence the engine rebuild. There are still a matching set of light dings in one cylinder head Vulcan Engineering could not remove with a light skim!

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

Id prob go for the Gorman in Brannigan look , however as it AS instead of a Ropey E type id be trying to knock the duke down in a black Hyundai coupe ...

Brannigan? The John Wayne comedy ;-) caper. Locations in that are totally screwed if you know Central London but it's one of those movies just worth watching to get a feel for mid-seventies London.
Plenty of Hyundai coupes seem to be for sale around here - maybe we could have a reconstruction. 

On 11/02/2024 at 16:39, Boycie said:

Fair to say these prob the last of the American influenced Fords

Disagree - 90s Fords looked extremely similar either side of the Atlantic - Granada vs Taurus.  Merkur Scorpio, though short lived was almost identical to the Euro one - unless you'd argue that Europe was influencing the US of course  

2 hours ago, Urko said:

Disagree - 90s Fords looked extremely similar either side of the Atlantic - Granada vs Taurus.  Merkur Scorpio, though short lived was almost identical to the Euro one - unless you'd argue that Europe was influencing the US of course  

By the 90s?  Yes of course they were!

On 11/02/2024 at 16:39, Boycie said:

Fair to say these prob the last of the American influenced Fords

I always thought the successor to the Zephyr Zodiac and Executive, the Consul Granada still had some American styling cues with the long rear lights and body contoured chrome bumpers.