Ford Fair: Worth it?

BorniteIdentity

Ford Fair this weekend.  I'm considering whether or not to give it a look.  Completely understand it'll be lots of ladz in baseball caps, farty Mk2 Foci (plural) and bimbos with 2 kids by 3 days- but meh.  I need a day out.  It also seems, from memory, to be a good opportunity to pick up shits and bits which prove useful to the ongoing sustenance of a shit old Ford.

Has anyone been before?  What's the event make up like?

Ta!

I suspect Ford Fair will be densely populated with Fiesta ST's all comparing their pop and bang maps. You "may" chance across folks selling older bits but I'd anticipate all you'll be able to buy is 4D number plates and cheap stickers.

It's been a long while since I have attended a Ford Fair (2008) but even then it was rows and rows of identical Orange Focus ST's and baseball caps aplenty.

Is there still a Classic Ford day these days?

3 minutes ago, LoftyvRS said:

I suspect Ford Fair will be densely populated with Fiesta ST's all comparing their pop and bang maps. You "may" chance across folks selling older bits but I'd anticipate all you'll be able to buy is 4D number plates and cheap stickers.

It's been a long while since I have attended a Ford Fair (2008) but even then it was rows and rows of identical Orange Focus ST's and baseball caps aplenty.

Is there still a Classic Ford day these days?

This. I went a mere 2-3 years ago when I had a Focus ST and it is just STs with pop bang maps. I try to distance myself from that scene but when you own a bright orange car it can attract the wrong kind of people...

I

3 hours ago, sierraman said:

I’m a lifelong Ford fan but some of the goons at these events make you want to keep it under you hat that you like old Fords. 

I agree with this. I love old Fords but am not so keen on modern cars. I have not been for years but when I last went there were a few interesting cars hugely outnumbered by modern poorly modified cars, many trying to outdo each other with who could demonstrate their poor taste in music the loudest. I would like to go to the Classic Ford show again if they do not hold it the same day as the Monmouth Cortina show.