Reb's 205 1.8D - back to work

reb

if we are playing that game then I present this Ministry AC Model 70, its now on its 13th keeper :)

Screenshot 2021-04-19 at 21.36.55.png

Im still not entirely sure how it would of accumulated so many keepers in ministry service 

although I know back in the day sometimes when you changed address it got recorded as a keeper change, I know someone who back in the day Owned an original beetle that accumulated about 9 "previous keepers" in her ownership because of that LOL

im very pleased to hear that the 205 is progressing well :) 

I hope you plan to convoy down to the FoD in it with @davidfowler2000's 205 at some point! :) 

• 2 months later...

No real updates, though there's really not much left to do before it's MOT ready!

Basically just needs wheel bearings, passenger door latch sorted out, lights made to work and a service. I don't plan on MOTing it until the spring so that gives me plenty of time to sort it all out.

On sunday there was a visitor to the unit:

IMG_20211102_191652_001.thumb.jpg.3130ab74dc0267159929b9c718fbff69.jpg

• 8 months later...
  • reb changed the title to Reb's 205 1.8D - back to work
  • 9 months later...

Well, that ended up taking longer than planned...

It feels like this car just doesn't want to be fixed!

Stripped threads galore among other annoyances. I was busy with work too, then the fallout of trying to off myself didn't help much either. I've not had much chance to work on it this year so far due to the lack of viable transport to get me to the unit.

@AnnoyingPentiumand @Lacquer Peelvisited the other day and we set about doing everything we could to get it mechanically sound. In terms of being drivable, it's nearly there! There's just the small matter of the keys having gone missing, which prevented us from putting the wheels on after fitting the hubs as the steering is locked on the piss. I think a new lockset is in order. Other than that the main thing needed now is to sort the electrical gremlins, which I'm not really looking forward to.

Much thanks to both AP and LP for putting up with my constant refrain of "I fucking hate cars, I'll just scrap the bastard".