Tommy's A-series Misery - Fleet Tinkering

Tommyboy12

• Tommyboy12 changed the title to Austin Montego Poverty Estate - Lands End to John O'Groats! BROKEN DOWN - Stoer area. Anyone that can help?
15 minutes ago, Tommyboy12 said:

Is there anyone in the Stoer area that can help? Don't have enough tools to sort a driveshaft.

*looks at map* 

I don't think there's anyone on AS past the Cairngorms from where you are. 

I have this image in my head of the entire AS National Collective ®️ all setting off from their respective homes all at once to come help - each encountering their own series of calamities and breakdowns in trying to get to you, scattering chod across the nation. 

Like a sperm though it only needs the one to get through and deliver his chromosomes  chromium Halfords Advanced tools.

• Tommyboy12 changed the title to Austin Montego Poverty Estate - Lands End to John O'Groats (so close yet so far)

That disc has no securing screws. If it's loose on the hub, wobbling it probably won't give a true indication of the problem. Try putting a couple of wheel nuts on backwards to fix it firmly and then trying. Also notice some "bits" on the studs. Sure the wheel nuts weren't loose? Best of luck, an epic journey anyway, even if that's the end of the line. 

Well it's getting recovered back to Ullapool tonight. Then onwards to home on Sunday/Monday. I am continuing on with @sharley17194 in the Citroen AX. We will complete the trip even if we're a player down!

So close yet so far. This car will get to John O'Groats though. Watch this space!

Screenshot_20211002-181703.png

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

Cmon AS collective, surely International Rescue can do this!

Have some inspiration...

1 hour ago, Floatylight said:

Thunderbirds aren't go.

Joys of cars being stood about. 

Specially on something that wasn't known for bearings to last long in the first place. Tis a shame, that you were unable to finish. 

But! Let's put this in a positive light. 

I'd say you've done bloody well there sir!!

To turn this car around in next to no time and to make it that far is a huge achievement in itself. 

All isn't well in the AX world, due to the extra weight we are now massively down on power, we already know the cooling isn't the best and it tends to throw steam clouds about.

I've also been hiding a seriously noisy CV joint since before i left because i didn't want to worry people.

So who knows how this story will end..... we are currently staying an hour and a half from John'o.

If the AX does make it, it will roll over 100k on the way home.

14 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

Bye Montego. See you in a few days 🥲

PXL_20211002_182620821.jpg

What a winner though. 

From circling the crusher to this.  It could happen to any car at some point, its not a car- ending issue, its just the location. Gutted, but as you say, another day. Another epic road trip. 

Winner.