Tommy's A-series Misery - Fleet Tinkering

Tommyboy12

It's the evening before the off and parts are still arriving! Needless to say this isn't getting fitted tonight but considering its a genuine mg rover part that cost me £17 delivered I'm not going to pass on it. The down pipe does need replacing. My £2.99 patch kit is already blowing after less than 200 miles.IMG-20210928-WA0014.thumb.jpeg.9795a8d35d5bdd3ffe84e3d58525aacc.jpeg

Wish us luck for tomorrow! Lands End to John O Groats here we come!

• Tommyboy12 changed the title to Austin Montego Poverty Estate - Lands End to John O'Groats!

what a  completely bonkers/brilliant/autoshite thing to do ....

chodspeed and carry some oil for the SU carb.....will probably need some..

and dont forget the Mint imperials bag on the dash, so you get dusty mints rolling about in the 20 odd year old skin flakes..mmmmm

and Empty Oasis bottles are easier to piss into when moving (EX HGV driver )  LOL

Our fast interceptor is being prepared as we speak ready to launch on your command. 

You will recognise it because it is the Xantia with severe lacquer peel O and says XANTIA on the number plate!

A bizarre notion that this Allegro rear wing should travel Lands End to John O Grates has just passed over me! 

IMG_20210928_152202 crop broad.jpg

Well that was fun as well as useful. As they were running ahead of time I let the Activa have its head on the duel carriageway that led to Cherwell Valley services and swooped in upon them while they were still traveling resulting in them saving time not going into the services, but just a layby when they saw me tuck in behind them.

The transfer out of the AX of the Allegro rear wing that was even tight in the Xantia must have been a relief, a drop of oil in the Montego and just like that they were off again on the Quest! Next stop Lands End for a photo.

Thanks boys for your help and best of luck for the trip.

IMG_20210929_095943 broad.jpg

IMG_20210929_095446 broad.jpg

IMG_20210929_100024 broad.jpg

IMG_20210929_100408 broad.jpg

IMG_20210929_100414 broad.jpg

IMG_20210929_100417 broad.jpg

We have made it to just past Bristol on the M5 with no calamities so far. Fuel stations are hit and miss. Still got half a tank after 220 miles so not too worried.

Had to dial in the carb a bit more as I was giving @sharley17194 CO poisoning. Runs a bit better now though!

PXL_20210929_113604710.jpg