Tommy's A-series Misery - Collection caper!

Tommyboy12

9 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Not inclined for another underpowered, under funded, and under considered challenge? Maybe some multi-country rally?

I think by now we've gathered both Tom and I are a suckers for self inflicted pain. Of course this isn't the end....its not even the beginning! for me its the 3rd year of trying to get something shite and making it do things it shouldn't....

1st year was 306s to Scotland 

2nd year KAs to John o Groats

3rd year Robins round the Dales & Monteynogo and AX LETJOG

4th year....the end of the world?

With two car friends we got excited and decided we needed to do some European touring trips before we got too old.  

We drove open cars in the rain, went up mountains into the snow and down again until our discs glowed red hot, drove the Nuburgring fast in luxo barges, broke down several times, got taken to the home of a French garage owner who fixed one of the cars, to drink wine, had to return to Germany a week later to collect my repaired car and had a recovery truck bring me home from France. Eaten picnic lunches laid out on the bonnet of an MGB with a view, got bumped up the back at the Switzerland/Italy boarder by a Swiz policeman with a gun and many more adventures. So many good memories.

Just an idea…………………

DSCN5576 broad.jpg

P1020792 broad.jpg

4 hours ago, sharley17194 said:

I think by now we've gathered both Tom and I are a suckers for self inflicted pain. Of course this isn't the end....its not even the beginning! for me its the 3rd year of trying to get something shite and making it do things it shouldn't....

1st year was 306s to Scotland 

2nd year KAs to John o Groats

3rd year Robins round the Dales & Monteynogo and AX LETJOG

4th year....the end of the world?

A good mate of mine once said he'd love to strip out a 2CV, convert it to two person pedal power and cycle it from LE to JOG for charidee. This was years ago, way before Guy Martin built pedal powered track beasts and set records.

There's potential there...

19 minutes ago, Dick Longbridge said:

A good mate of mine once said he'd love to strip out a 2CV, convert it to two person pedal power and cycle it from LE to JOG for charidee. This was years ago, way before Guy Martin built pedal powered track beasts and set records.

There's potential there...

my level of fitness is such that just the thought of converting a car to pedal power is leaving me out of breath.

• Tommyboy12 changed the title to Austin Montego 1.3 Estate - LEJOG? Completed it mate (second time around...)

Im still one for taking something i already own, maybe the puma!

25 minutes ago, Tommyboy12 said:

Definitely need to do something European next year. We were deciding our steed on the way back from Scotch Corner yesterday. Hot hatches, big saloons, automatics. All sorts were discussed! For now the Montego gets a well deserved rest.

2 hours ago, Tommyboy12 said:

Definitely need to do something European next year. We were deciding our steed on the way back from Scotch Corner yesterday. Hot hatches, big saloons, automatics. All sorts were discussed! For now the Montego gets a well deserved rest.

I drove a tired Volvo estate to the North Cape in Norway in 2014. So it's time for a Montego to do the same?

P7080026.thumb.JPG.d26bd2a1096d1c8c2fbe83b28f4f225e.JPG