The Arthur Spanner Motoring Tips and Wrinkles Column

lesapandre

Got a tip - got a wrinkle or maybe a funny funny disaster caused by a motoring glitch?

Here's mine...

I've had to apply for a replacement V5C for one of my vehicles...

No idea where it went...apply on line...easy...

But the site rejected the application twice...I've only limited goes it says too...

Panic - what's up! Went and checked the vin under the bonnet ...and I had not got my I and O mixed up with my 1 and 0...oh dear what next...

A cup of tea later and some Zen chanting I had another careful go...this time I put a space in the post code box...not AB1CD2 but AB1 CD2.  It worked...app received.

It's h0t here but now  1 am feeling much better...now for another cuppa.

Remember always put a space in yr postcode 🤷‍♂️

Ebay contacted me 'secure your account - click here' internal message...nothing dodgy.

However I was already 'logged in' ( obvz... I got my messge in app) but the 'click here' box asks you to 'log in' :(

.... my phone automatically logs me in, using 'save password', on many apps that I open....

I type in my pa##word (as written in my black book) NOPE... Try once more... NOPE  :(:(

I then go through password reset/magic numbers on txt/ ..... 

So.... after all that.... they are happy my account is NOW secure  :)

Jeezzee

1 hour ago, tooSavvy said:

Ebay contacted me 'secure your account - click here' internal message...nothing dodgy.  However I was already 'logged in' ( obvz... I got my messge in app) but the 'click here' box asks you to 'log in' :(  .... my phone automatically logs me in, using 'save password', on many apps that I open....I type in my pa##word (as written in my black book) NOPE... Try once more... NOPE  :(

That sounds as scammy as fuck.  Check very carefully you've not just given your password away.

30 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

Well...... If they order a sexx# af blowup doll, to embarrass me unwrapping it in front of SWMBO.... Just 'Rock On' boyzz [you pay!!]

;)

It's not that, it's the fact they'll use your account details and any saved credit cars to sell on or do other nasty shit.

Re-check the sender's E-mail address if you still have it-
image.png.9cad2176a3a2c33016c019a05c81f7f9.png

This is who the sender should be. If it's ebay@hotmail.com or something like that, then you have a problem and should probably change your passwords.