My Car/MOT Status

Motown

Hello there guys and girls!

Just a quick question for you as i have never experienced this before and i am slightly confused and perhaps a tad worried...

My car passed it MOT before lunch time today the vehicle was taxed online before i left the garage and i drove away thinking nothing of it.

However ive just checked DVLA online and its still showing as MOT expired July 2019 and currently SORN??  I own a few cars and when they get a new cert its usually updated within an hour or two but this doesn't appear to be the case. After seeing it i am a slightly worried as ive been driving around in the car.

4 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

The Mot can take a little while to update but I thought the tax was instant.  Did they send you a text or email to say you had successfully taxed it? If so I wouldn't worry as I am sure it will update soon

Ive never had a car thats taken more than an hour or so certainly never this long.... Ive received an email confirming direct debit for vehicle tax has been successfully set up / renewed?

I think I had something similar with the Panda in that I tried to tax it just after the MOT but the Tax site still showed no MOT.  It let me tax it though so I just waited for it to update.  You have an MOT pass in the MOT system and your receipt for the tax direct debit so you will be fine I am sure, and it will probably all align itself tomorrow

I've found that the MOT history site is normally fairly quick to update (whenever I drop stuff in for test I'm normally sat on the website at work hitting refresh to find out how bad the fail was before the garage call 😆) but I've noticed the alternative gov site that just shows tax and MOT status can take a couple of days to update the tax status at times. Sometimes when I forget to tax the stuff I've bought then it takes even longer 😅 If you've got the confirmation email I wouldn't be worried at all, it's just the gov site being slow and clunky to update the database.

As others have said tax can take a few days to show up.  MOT will show instantly on check-mot.service.gov.uk, and should* also do so on vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk but occasionally it will fail to copy across.  I suspect if it isn't showing on the latter by now it never will unless you contact them (click on 'incorrect mot status' under where it gives the incorrect MOT details and follow the links).  I had to do this with the Modus, and got an apologetic and well written response a couple of days later, along with them correcting it.

I noticed that the tax status took a couple of days to update on the Mondeo recently. I kept the receipt in the glove box, just in case. I assume it shouldn't have anything to do with the current disruption at Swansea... but when it comes to dvlc who knows?