2003 Mini Cooper S (R53) - Fixing creaking interior panels

Peter C

Good to see all the progress you're making with it. It's already running a 15% reduction so it should be even more fun - you might see more of this though!

dsc_off2.gif.85c11991532114b57d691d7b7d76b981.gif

Just be aware that if you get to more than 18 psi of boost you can run into problems with the MAP sensor.

1 hour ago, Sunny Jim said:

dsc_off2.gif.85c11991532114b57d691d7b7d76b981.gif

Just be aware that if you get to more than 18 psi of boost you can run into problems with the MAP sensor.

It's not normally the MAP sensor that causes the issues with running smaller pulleys on them but rather the intercooler.  Run a 15% smaller pulley and intake temperatures can just about be controlled by the intercooler. A 17% pulley takes it to the point where intake temp can get too high if thrashed or used on a track day.  19% and the intercooler is needed without fail.  20% and the little Eaton supercharger is right at the red-line. If you run a 20% pulley and take the engine to 7k rpm the supercharger is running at 17k rpm and its days are numbered. 

Mine will be getting a better intercooler, MSD ignition, 380 injectors and a remap. Eventually. 

I'm hoping the sticky Bridgestones will help keep the big yellow light from flashing.  If they don't, then I'll have to fit an LSD.

The idea is to keep it looking as standard as possible, no shouty exhaust etc.