check your mot peeps

bicycle repairman

36 minutes ago, Spurious said:

I know it's a bit late now but this is good. Free text from the DVLA a month before it's due. I let the Suzuki lapse for about 2 weeks and I've no idea how I managed to avoid the anpr cameras on the way to work 

https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder

I'm starting to wonder if they even care anymore, it's not a real problem unless you have an accident because of an MOT failure point, which could happen when you've got a valid certificate. No doubt they'll add it to the list of you've done other things wrong, but if no MOT is the only offence, it's probably not worth the paperwork. 

I've been caught out before.  Had a good "Oh ****!" moment a couple of years ago when I realised that I'd mis-remembered the expiry date on the Xantia and it had been out for two weeks - car was already booked in for a test I'd just flipped the numbers in my head.

The fact I'd done several trips up and down the M1 during that period did have me dreading what might turn up in the mail for the next few weeks!  Mercifully nothing was the answer.

Just set the expiry date as an event in my Google calender now, with reminders 30, 14 and 7 days out...so I've zero excuse for missing it now!

1 hour ago, robinmasters said:

I'm starting to wonder if they even care anymore, it's not a real problem unless you have an accident because of an MOT failure point, which could happen when you've got a valid certificate. No doubt they'll add it to the list of you've done other things wrong, but if no MOT is the only offence, it's probably not worth the paperwork. 

Honestly think they should just pack it in at this point.