Jump to content

New online game - Motornation


fatharris
 Share

Recommended Posts

Got some questions for anyone playing longer than me/cleverer

I upgraded/repaired my XR2 From D1 class to D9 and it was a bit of a weapon, winning 9/10 head-to-head races on average. I then repaired it some more and went from D9 class to C3. Now I win about 4/10 races as I'm up against better competition, but you don't win any more money in the H2H races, so whats the point? 

Or have I misunderstood, and the point is to get to the highest number in the class without tipping into the next class up, then just do back-to-back H2H races round grand thatch (lowest time requirement at 43m) and/or do pizza/chinese/curry deliveries to earn lots of money and buy a shit example of a higher class car? Is there any point for H2H races to go to courses that need more time? e.g. 'Sim Balk Road Stage' is 206 miles and eats up 6h 52m of time, you can do grand thatch 9 times in the same amount of time, therefore its potentially 9x more lucrative if the prizes are the same for winning? Even if you don't win every race, you have 9 shots of  winning, vs one shot?

Also, for the 'Single Races' where you go up against lots of competitors, is it winner-takes-all or are there prizes for the top X spots? e.g. if you come 3rd do you get anything?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Stanky said:

Got some questions for anyone playing longer than me/cleverer

I upgraded/repaired my XR2 From D1 class to D9 and it was a bit of a weapon, winning 9/10 head-to-head races on average. I then repaired it some more and went from D9 class to C3. Now I win about 4/10 races as I'm up against better competition, but you don't win any more money in the H2H races, so whats the point? 

Or have I misunderstood, and the point is to get to the highest number in the class without tipping into the next class up, then just do back-to-back H2H races round grand thatch (lowest time requirement at 43m) and/or do pizza/chinese/curry deliveries to earn lots of money and buy a shit example of a higher class car? Is there any point for H2H races to go to courses that need more time? e.g. 'Sim Balk Road Stage' is 206 miles and eats up 6h 52m of time, you can do grand thatch 9 times in the same amount of time, therefore its potentially 9x more lucrative if the prizes are the same for winning? Even if you don't win every race, you have 9 shots of  winning, vs one shot?

Also, for the 'Single Races' where you go up against lots of competitors, is it winner-takes-all or are there prizes for the top X spots? e.g. if you come 3rd do you get anything?

I think the point of using different tracks is so that you can chose which one is best fitted to your car (you can see the track maps in the settings) to give you a better chance of winning. The main point of having a higher class car (that I can see) is for higher daily race winnings, and there is still prizes if you don't come first (I came 9th and won £30)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought a car with a turbo and bought an intercooler for it. Now I own one but not fitted. Anybody know why it can't be fitted ? It said it would fit. Is my only choice to sell it and lose money ? It would be handy to see what higher category a performance part would get you before spending the money. Why can't I have an intercooler with a turboed car ? I'm probably missing something,  apart from brain cells.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has anyone found out what the bits at the top of the screen do? That is, the warning lights and overtime bar.

I've seen the fuel light come on when running low on fuel but not seen any of the others light up. I clicked on the overtime thing by mistake and it seems to move an indicator along the bar but I couldn't tell if it did anything else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, mintwth said:

Has anyone found out what the bits at the top of the screen do? That is, the warning lights and overtime bar.

I've seen the fuel light come on when running low on fuel but not seen any of the others light up. I clicked on the overtime thing by mistake and it seems to move an indicator along the bar but I couldn't tell if it did anything else. 

The overtime button converts hours to money. It takes 2 hours and gives you £12 i think. 

 

I bought a 200 quid Morris minor and the 0-60 time was 67 seconds! 😂 Already spent more than the purchase price on it and it's more like 38 seconds now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, puddlethumper said:

I bought a car with a turbo and bought an intercooler for it. Now I own one but not fitted. Anybody know why it can't be fitted ? It said it would fit. Is my only choice to sell it and lose money ? It would be handy to see what higher category a performance part would get you before spending the money. Why can't I have an intercooler with a turboed car ? I'm probably missing something,  apart from brain cells.

you need to go to the garage, click on the car, click on 'upgrade options' and then have enough time to fit the part in your time bank. there are 2 steps - buy it, then fit it. Its so you can take bits off too in case you want to make your car worse.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...