Bought a frontera sport SWB

garellikatia

6 hours ago, Ian_Fearn said:

Feel like I’ve been waiting years for someone on here to buy one of these! Well bought.

Is the 2.2 petrol in these any relation to the 2.2 fitted to the Vectra? 

Lol, you are kidding me....

Search Frontera on here...

7 hours ago, AnthonyG said:

Best Frontera fact* courtesy of Wikipedia is that the original Isuzu it’s based on is known as the ‘MU’ in Japan. 

MU stands for ‘Mysterious Utility’ 👍

@dollywobblerhad a video of one of those from NZ. Or Tasmania. I can't remember. 

@garellikatiaI like the Frontera. Maybe when I get the Suzuki fixed we can organise an AS amble on some green lanes. Can't go far wrong for £450. That's a steal. 

8 hours ago, garellikatia said:

She's a beauty mate thanks for the heads up I will bear that in mind,  if it needs anything. What are your plans for it? Any modifications or off roading? I know what your mean about the handling,  the only thing I can compare it to is the RIV fire truck we used to have in the RAF haha 

f6a29e97af39.jpg

Either that or a boat :-)

Honestly, shes a bit rough round the edges in the flesh.

I've no major plans to modify it or off road it, just tidy it up a bit more and drive around in it for a bit. 

I dont think its ever been off road. It was owned by friends of the family for 25 years, the dealer refused to take it as a trade in ( like not even for free)  against a 2019 Ford Kuga so I ended up with it. 

Try the FOC owner club on Facebook also,  very knowledgeable guys on that

1 hour ago, Peter C said:

About ten years ago I had a 2.8 Isuzu engined LWB, which I foolishly sold for £1,200. It was 100% solid, the engine was a gem and it was great to drive. I would love another one.

902FA113-CB15-40B5-83F9-7DC00DC67FD0.thumb.jpeg.cf98f3d810058ad86799b200c53388d6.jpeg

I like that, is it still going? I was debating with myself if I should get a nudge bar for it.

Loving the merc too.

I like the old school diesel rattle of these.....it reminds me of my dads cars when I was growing up.

I have a link to  a project theard below.....nothing all that interesting, it mainly me distroying my driveway changing 25 year old fluids :-)

https://brm-forum.org/thread/287/frontera-2-8-tdi-diamond

Anyhow I wont hijack this mans thread anymore :-)

OP, good buy, will look forward to seeing some updates on this, they do have small following and actually the editor of Practial Classics has just bought one....

2 hours ago, Peter C said:

About ten years ago I had a 2.8 Isuzu engined LWB, which I foolishly sold for £1,200. It was 100% solid, the engine was a gem and it was great to drive. I would love another one.

902FA113-CB15-40B5-83F9-7DC00DC67FD0.thumb.jpeg.cf98f3d810058ad86799b200c53388d6.jpeg

It seems now would be the time to buy another, they seem to be going pretty cheap at the minute   that looks lovely. I love the lwb 

33 minutes ago, Hogie said:

I like that, is it still going? I was debating with myself if I should get a nudge bar for it.

Loving the merc too.

I like the old school diesel rattle of these.....it reminds me of my dads cars when I was growing up.

I have a link to  a project theard below.....nothing all that interesting, it mainly me distroying my driveway changing 25 year old fluids :-)

https://brm-forum.org/thread/287/frontera-2-8-tdi-diamond

Anyhow I wont hijack this mans thread anymore :-)

OP, good buy, will look forward to seeing some updates on this, they do have small following and actually the editor of Practial Classics has just bought one....

Ah nice one I will have a little read through that later with a cuppa! I'm not going to do too much just try and make it as reliable as possible hehe 

On 7/6/2021 at 11:18 PM, AnthonyG said:

It was the Frontera’s 30th birthday recently, it’s a proper classic now: https://gb-media.vauxhall.co.uk/en-gb/03-15-frontera-30-years?idtok=14d9dbbb5415

Blame boredom at work, I went down a Vauxhall corporate-website-rabbit-hole after reading the new electric van news…they do have some nice stuff in their heritage collection. 

I'm quite biased, both in terms of favouring Toyota and disdaining Vauxhall, but they nabbed the idea of a modernish SUV from Toyota and the RAV4. That debuted in 1989 at the Tokyo Motor Show.

That said, being able to switch between 2WD and 4WD while moving is a nice touch. 

3 hours ago, garellikatia said:

It seems now would be the time to buy another, they seem to be going pretty cheap at the minute   that looks lovely. I love the lwb 

No chance of a 2.8. well, hardly.

Hen's teeth now.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, St.Jude said:

I'm quite biased, both in terms of favouring Toyota and disdaining Vauxhall, but they nabbed the idea of a modernish SUV from Toyota and the RAV4. That debuted in 1989 at the Tokyo Motor Show.

That said, being able to switch between 2WD and 4WD while moving is a nice touch. 

Sort of. They are actually Isuzu underneath, assembled by IBC in Luton...😁

36 minutes ago, red5 said:

Sort of. They are actually Isuzu underneath, assembled by IBC in Luton...😁

Craftsmen.....every last one of them lovingly prepared to perfection......I love how one of the first guys is just puffing away on a cigarette....havin a smoke, buildin me a jeep...simpler times