Collection fred 303 mile

montytom

37 minutes ago, montytom said:

Thanks yes it's that one. I hope no one else gets caught out like I did

I don't know why people are like this I really don't. 

I hope so. 

Even the MOT checks didn't seem too bad. Must have been Stevie Wonder testing it. If they've missed out bad rotting sills, what else have they missed. Or just have not looked. 

I suppose it's a bullet dodged. 

6 hours ago, gadgetgricey said:

That was a diesel as well :)

It's a V6 - 2.5

5 hours ago, montytom said:

Thankyou that was another thing the car was on 89000 and had cambelts at 50000 but many years ago.

I new about that and factored in doing them in time.

The car was £1895

Belts cost me another £800, but it wasn't like it was a surprise. 

The car was a dealer demo with two subsequent owners & 64,000 miles. It should see me out.

9 hours ago, Andrew353w said:

I mis-read your title and thought you were travelling on the A303......  

I think it would have been easier me travelling on the 303

9 hours ago, omegod said:

I'm always absolutely cacking myself when selling a car in case the buyer is dissapointed  so massively under describe them and forensically prepare them, sounds like your seller was a massive prick 

Same here I always under sell. I hate selling cars I would rather give them away or scrap

8 hours ago, Spurious said:

I hope so. 

Even the MOT checks didn't seem too bad. Must have been Stevie Wonder testing it. If they've missed out bad rotting sills, what else have they missed. Or just have not looked. 

I suppose it's a bullet dodged. 

That's what I am thinking. Sometimes I think people have friendly tests.

8 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Every car and bike I have purchased through Shiters has always (in my view) been very much under described. The Toyota Avensis and the Cagiva Raptor are two that spring to mind.

Same here I have bought through here and was a nice easy deal on both occasions

8 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I was way off!

I'd love to try an ls400.

I've promised myself a v8 by the time I'm 30-im 34 now so only 4 years late. Maybe now is the time

Loved my LS400. 1994 model, 225,000 miles when I bought it. The interior looked like it had done 10,000 miles, with no wear evident

All the electrics worked, and so comfortable. Could acheive 30 mpg if treated gently.

Impressed my mates one day on an empty M1 at 6am. Eased off at a highly illegal speed because i thought about the fuel consumption.

Do it. Like another myself.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:28 PM, Jerzy Woking said:

Loved my LS400. 1994 model, 225,000 miles when I bought it. The interior looked like it had done 10,000 miles, with no wear evident

All the electrics worked, and so comfortable. Could acheive 30 mpg if treated gently.

Impressed my mates one day on an empty M1 at 6am. Eased off at a highly illegal speed because i thought about the fuel consumption.

Do it. Like another myself.

That's great mpg. I didnt look at an ls400 in the end. Had a look at a couple close to me on facebook etc but they wernt that great in the pictures or description.

17 minutes ago, sdkrc said:

@montytom - fair play for sticking to your guns and not buying, takes a certain amount of resolve. Long trip and a rough day but could have been a 6 month headache if you'd bought it. 

Plenty of interesting stuff for that money, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do eventually pick up

Thanks I have actually bought another car now it's in a different thread. 

My dad thought I was going to buy it anyway

On 6/26/2021 at 10:46 PM, Spurious said:

I'd be absolutely fuming if it turned out be rubbish if it's the one I'm thinking about. 

Is it the Blue V6 V reg on C&C? I sometimes set the limit to 2k and see what's local to me and that popped up in the search, it looked okay and I can see why you would take a trip out to see it. 

Aye we have all been there sadly. Off the top of my head, I can recall two separate decent trips to Dundee and Ayrshire to look at 2.8 Special Capris - both of which turned out to be sheds

15 minutes ago, Essex V6 said:

Aye we have all been there sadly. Off the top of my head, I can recall two separate decent trips to Dundee and Ayrshire to look at 2.8 Special Capris - both of which turned out to be sheds

Seems to be the way that some people are not honest when selling cars. It annoys me as I seem to under sell mine