Site downtime - 2021-06-26 23:00

tobyd

I'm not so keen on the emphasis on rank, I now have a blue exploding rocket telling me on not quite there yet, and on my notifications page I'm sorely reminded of my inachievement. Or unachievement.

Whichever, I quite like merrily reading and posting on its own merits.

I like carrots, I fear I might soon hate them with so many dangling about the place. 

4 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Is that what the blue rocket means?

Yes, it seems to represent your failure to have ascended to the stars yet.

Tap on your logo to get to your feed and its all explained, at least that's how I understand it.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, tobyd said:

Thats a new feature*. It's not great, let me see if what i can do about toning it down.

I turned off some support for some ancient security stuff. A lot of it was broken and needed to go in the bin.

And the achievement status when you tap on notifications, that's just horrendous!

Actually posting and editing posts due to mashing keypads with fat fists (which is what I tend to do) seems to have improved, it seems to be quicker and sharper (assuming it's not due to a coincidental change in my internet at home), if it means I don't have to tap Save twice I'm all for that, let's see if it works out that way. 

I've not tested uploading pics yet, I'll be doing that tomorrow so I look forward to that. 

Not showing a user's points on each post is very egalitarian, the only reason that was handy is if you didn't recognise a poster trying to flog a car; its easy to see if they had 3 posts or something, but one can just look at their profile to see that if one suspects that kind if thing.

47 minutes ago, tobyd said:

I think the idea is the super-duper-rocket-ship can be given a super-duper-image so posters with a score of 1 can have a picture of Mike Brewer.

is it possible to revert back to the old Rank/user title setup? :) 

i quite liked that in an Autoshite kind of way

especially when I first joined, I did not realise that after a set amount of posts you could set your own, so I thought Admins would periodically give specific users their own Rank just for a laugh and I was not sure what was an actual rank or something custom set

hence why when I set my own user title I kept the little "Rank:" thing in front of it to keep the illusion going a little bit :) 

and sadly the ability to set your own seems to be gone now as im now an Isuzu florian LOL 

image.png.a8d267a02e3ab8d60be4469362b8f29b.png

(which I guess is what my rank/user title would of been if I had not set a Custom one when I hit 500 posts back in the bad old days)

and finally I find the large rocket to be quite intrusive visually as well (that and the strangely large gap between the "full members" and post count if im being nit picky)

also it seems theres some slight formatting issues with how its "Rank: Rank:" Im guessing on the Admin side there is a box that says Rank: *input field* where as before it was user title *input field*

so it went from User title: "Rank xxx" to Rank: "Rank xxx"

its like the opposite problem to insuring Model 70's where you have to be very specific and tell them its not "Model: 70, its Model: Model 70" LOL as otherwise you get them showing up on the MID as "AC 70" or "Invacar 70" or just "70" LOL because the Clark inputting the data does not realise "Model" IS part of its Model name LOL

otherwise so far so good :) Thanks for keeping the forum itself ticking along :) 

nothing has immediately blown up, ill be sure to let you know if anything does crop up

if past experience is anything to go by me and @Zelandeth seem to be very good at making this forum software roll over and die LOL

@tobyd, thanks again for your behind the scenes to upgrade us to electronic ignition from our old points set up.

Bound to be a few bits to do with ancillaries which will no doubt filter through in the running in period, but first and foremost thank you, without your sterling work the beige would not keep puttering along. 

I'm not sure about the little rockets. Having nothing there was good for 90% of us as only the mods / admins / n00bs had stickers which helped with recognition. Rank seems a bit pointless as we already have post count and "number of likes" as metrics, generally I only paid attention to these in the selling stuff thread though.

1 minute ago, loserone said:

I'm not sure I get the point of the rocket.  What does it signify?

All I can tell is that it lets you navigate to see how far you've achieved on the rank scale. Maybe admins can set a icon for each level of the scale so you can tell without reading it?

9 hours ago, Cord Forteener aka Tim_E said:

Yes, it seems to represent your failure to have ascended to the stars yet.

Some of us have completed Autoshite!

Screenshot_20210627-090450.thumb.png.e589a66aeb8174f0c9c4c2d4d35c03d1.png

Not sure if that's a good thing though 🤣

The editor appears to have been fixed though where you couldn't add text after an image bug.