My first ever collection thread

JayB

I've done many a car collection over the past few years but never actually documented any of them, so I thought it was about time that changed. 

Today was an early start, quick cycle to the station, first train to London absolutely fine. Use an app called Seat Frog to get upgraded to 1st class on the next train for a tenner - yay! Train cancelled - balls. 

Got an hour wait so time to take a mortgage out on a Cornish Pasty (seeing as I'm headed in that general direction) and a coffee. 20210620_104854.thumb.jpg.9ea1818441960948f04eb1058207a1b6.jpg

Sadly this collection is now postponed until tomorrow. They've cancelled my train and all the other trains going out of Paddington, which means by the time they're running again it'll be too late to catch my bus. Going to  wait around in London until they're up and running again, aim get to Bristol tonight, have a few beers and then complete this mission in the morning. 

Delayed trains - 1

Cancelled trains - 2

Poos - 1

Beers - 1

Just now, Peter C said:

Fortunately, non-compliant cars will still be able to circumnavigate the North Circular (A406) and legally enter the Ace Cafe car park. Phew.

....and have Tetraboost added to their fuel. Hopefully there'll be sufficient emissions to be blown into the ULEZ zone.

20210621_210328.thumb.jpg.2f1f62908e43c388aad3aa9284c9bf9e.jpg

After two cancelled trains, three moving trains and a broken bus, it's so nice to get back into a car, and what a lovely wafty car it is too! 

Thanks to @HMC for selling it to me, being a total gent and being very understanding after my slightly disastrous journey.

I love the very blue interior, toasty bum warmers, electric goodies and seemingly endless torque. Trip computer is saying an average of 42 mpg too which isn't at all bad for a 20 year old bus.