Sunny Jim

shiny480.thumb.jpg.dd18d7025386ed08b1cfc3c54cd3363e.jpgI blame @cort16, a week ago he posted a link to a rather shiny red 480 on the Ebay Tat thread. It was a thing of beauty but was rather beyond my budget and was in Scotland. You know when a car's got under your skin and you keep re-visiting the ad then looking at the DVLA online checker to see if a new V5 has been issued? I was doing various man maths calculations but I don't have any children to sell (I've never had them , it's not that I've sold them already) and I need what's left of both of my kidneys. I trawled the classifieds but anything within my budget was beyond my skillset.

I've been sleeping badly recently and in the early hours the other night I found a 480 an hour away from me closer to my theoretical budget. The ad sounded promising, the MOT history not too scary AND it was turquoise!

637447438_FB_IMG_16238210566431.jpg.d04ace7699c06e6b9d48dc4ee192f36b.jpg

It's an 'S' so the base model, 1.7 Renault engine, no fancy info screen but had been specced with optional half leather seats. I arranged to go and see it yesterday. I have a thing for two door estates and pop-up headlights but had a firm figure in mind well below the asking price and resolved to walk away if I couldn't get it for what I was willing to pay. The Wayback Machine helped me discover the car had been for sale for 17 weeks at gradually reducing asking prices and some handy buyers guides from Owners Clubs meant I knew what to look out for. Prices are all over the place on these and as we all know what a car is advertised for isn't always what is sells for - they're rare but still rather forgotten. The vendor said he'd bought it from a local garage before lockdown but then it had developed some faults and he'd not had the money to sort them out. When I contacted him on WhatsApp his profile picture was of a car transporter so it seemed likely he was a trader of some sort.

He let me spend a good hour systematically going over the car while I compiled a list of issues in addition to the ones he'd mentioned. I hate negotiating so I was straight with him and said look I could pretend to be Mike Brewer and offer you and insultingly low figure and we can go back and forth but here's where I'm at. I showed him other ads (and how long they'd been up for) and my list of issues with a rough guesstimate of what it would cost to sort them and named what I was willing to pay. "Old art yer 'and," he said. "Hang on," I replied, "You've got a car transporter and as the car isn't currently driveable on the road (the indicators don't work) I want it delivered." He hummed and harred but eventually we shook on it.

So far the to do list is looking like this:

4 new shocks - rears 'slightly corroded', fronts 'lightly misted'

2 new front tyres

New Battery

Sort exhaust blow and investigate rusty cat

Rear of sills where it meets rear arch is a known weak spot on these, this doesn't look too bad but want to sort it before it gets any worse

427597240_IMG_20210618_1450511.thumb.jpg.088c9ccaaee46ec2ec295b4e95af56f3.jpg

Replace damaged daytime running light

2075449311_IMG_20210618_160533__011.thumb.jpg.715d2cfe51db132061915c6149ed7f4a.jpg

Possibly replace faded and cracked rear lights - these are no longer available and rare as rocking horse poop - 'best' price I've found a pair for so far is £260 (HFM!) but they'll need replacing eventually and the longer I leave it the dearer they'll get so I might just hold my breath and take the hit now.

2046435490_IMG_20210618_1452321.thumb.jpg.017ff4447eb6ff6063973dcfd5f159e6.jpg

Replace Central Electronics Module (CEM) which (hopefully) is the cause of the indicators not working and the headlights doing this (at least I know the motors work!). I've managed to track one of these down for £80.

These are getting to be rare cars now and although they share a lot of parts with the other 400 series cars the bits that are unique to the 480 are getting harder to find and consequently more expensive. The irony is that over time I'll probably end up spending more than I would have on the shiny red one. I won't have had the satisfaction of doing myself though and isn't that a large part of what our hobby is about? Built not bought. Other than my BX which I bought off here this is the first time I've bought a vehicle without taking it for a test drive. The biggest gamble is that the electrical issues aren't sorted by a new battery and CEM. But hey, what's life without taking a few risks?

1003028044_received_3959771418864151.thumb.jpeg.1adc8c6ed577ab6e306b678a4d01b237.jpeg

I take delivery Monday, can't wait!

I loved the one I had, the indicators could just be the dash not seated correctly. Mine had weird issues which were all due to the dash not being replaced correctly. It was a stunning motor and took us on our honeymoon, it was swapped for a Xantia. 

It's the other way around, the physio appointment left me unable to do any tinkering: rotator cuff injury, left shoulder and I'm left-handed.

Should I be concerned about this? Water dripping from exhaust even after the car is up to temp and been running for 20 minutes? No sign of white smoke or evidence of mayo on the filler cap. Temp gauge hasn't got above 1/2 and the electric fan kicks in and out. The exhaust sounds like it's got a blow and the cat is v. rusty. The car had been stood for several months.

I decided not to worry for now and took loads of pictures instead.

1416527148_IMG_20210621_184251(4).thumb.jpg.8d035cfee27a22be416e71df41728a2d.jpgIMG_20210621_181927.thumb.jpg.59eb156b326c84d9ad0bb053280c141e.jpgIMG_20210621_182054.thumb.jpg.00d78d3258a5366c2de9ee0d260a7c77.jpgIMG_20210621_182246.thumb.jpg.7602caccabee2f45c32d6b1e5273ea11.jpgIMG_20210621_182038.thumb.jpg.302f42c38ce5829716f5fff051a7c34f.jpgIMG_20210621_181503.thumb.jpg.19531234c8ed3f7891fc202f9837cb1f.jpgIMG_20210621_141308_Bokeh.thumb.jpg.1538268f5acce3cfa70db631b213ec84.jpgIMG_20210621_185242__01.thumb.jpg.8876f017824cca0c08b73c3d89391d23.jpgIMG_20210621_183821.thumb.jpg.34a6f6e5da002893b91f24a087122e32.jpg954656060_IMG_20210621_184251(3).thumb.jpg.1f07c51d36cbe5da9d9b1b81d1e72e3c.jpg

• Sunny Jim changed the title to The Dutchie has arrived and it drips
6 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

my favourite thing about these is how they put an actual, proper Volvo front grille below the front bumper.

“It’s like having your nose under your chin”

On 6/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, Sunny Jim said:

the indicators don't work

Try the fuse - it’s shared with the dash instrument illumination when the headlights are switched on. As your pop-up are going bloody mental it could be linked… On mine, if lights were on then the indicator fuse would blow due to a short on the binnacle backlight. I think stalk switches can fail regularly too. 

Excellent choice though. The 480 is one of my all time favourites and yours looks good.

So long as it's not there once the car has actually been driven for a reasonable amount of time at speed don't worry about a wet exhaust.  It's just a sign of how ridiculously clean by the standards of the time they ran.

If a huge portion of your switchgear illumination appears to be dead don't panic - a lot of the lighting is via fibre optics, so if the lamp in that fails it obviously takes out a shedload of the lighting (including the seatbelt buckles!) in one shot.

Nice driving little cars these.  Though having the same fake indicator tick as in several buses I've driven is something which always messed with my head a bit.

When I did my work experience at Lancaster Volvo in about 1992 these were brand new. Had lots of exciting test drives in 440 and 480 turbots, even went out in a 262!

I've always liked the 480 shape, pretty bold choice when ovloV were still seen as a fairly sensible car.

There was a red one looking a bit unused near me for ages I was keeping tabs on.

As for parts, are the rear lights symmetrical? European sellers may have more choice of used parts if so

38 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Definitely not.

I wonder if Volvo breakers like Lakes might have tail lights available

Haha no chance with rear lights from there these days. 

The only real option is to repair your own by polishing or cutting them up and replacing the outer plastic lens with those on sale only from the French 480 Club for about £300-400 with shipping.

Pretty much any second hand unit will be trashed or approaching the cost of the new French lenses anyway. 

For the DRL lenses you can buy these from a guy in NL. You have to cut your old ones up and glue the lenses on. Think of it like a starter project for the rear lights. I haven’t been brave enough to chop my rear lights up yet but I do have the new keys lenses ready to go. 

Join us at Volvo 480 Club Europe forum for help and answers. The Facebook page is just full of idiots asking the same questions over and over again.  

I would hold off on buying a new headlight motor as it probably can be revived by running it and for a good amount of time. Instructions on the forum. 

I had 1 of these in Turbo ES flavour,bought cheap as it needed a clutch and a few "niggles sorted"

Soon found out that the ES stood for Electrical Suicide as it had a complete meltdown,luckily before I'd done too much with it

Driving it to Danny's in Ruabon was probably it's most reliable trip

18 minutes ago, andy18s said:

I had 1 of these in Turbo ES flavour,bought cheap as it needed a clutch and a few "niggles sorted"

Soon found out that the ES stood for Electrical Suicide as it had a complete meltdown,luckily before I'd done too much with it

Driving it to Danny's in Ruabon was probably it's most reliable trip

Sorry to be be pedantic but you either had a Turbo or an ES!

Theres a chap locally who comes to our car meets in a late Celebration model in that nice burgundy colour, I've always quite like these but the ones I've driven had pretty poor squeaking interiors which grated after a bit. 

As for the exhaust that's just condensation, once you drive it on the road it should all just pour straight out the exhaust, it won't be doing it much good at the moment though as it will be rotting the insides out. 

That back seat configuration is proper cool and all the seats have a really nice sporty style to them. I bet they made stuff from that era look very dated. Do the rear seats fold or are the fixed? Is there also much room in the boot?

Love the Citroen as well.

48 minutes ago, trigger said:

... it won't be doing it much good at the moment though as it will be rotting the insides out. 

Which they made a habit of doing at the time.

We did quite a lot of 440/460 exhausts when I was at the garage and they generally had signs of having a lot of water sitting in them, especially on ones which didn't do many miles.

14 hours ago, rob88h said:

As your pop-up are going bloody mental it could be linked…

I understood that comment to mean that the prices for the lift motors are going mental, rather than the pop-up mechanism on this particular car...

29 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

I understood that comment to mean that the prices for the lift motors are going mental, rather than the pop-up mechanism on this particular car...

Haha, that too. The motors are common with those on a Ferrari 456, cementing the exotic credentials of the Volvo 480. 😉. When I replaced the motor on mine last summer I think it was ~£100. 

2 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

HFM!????

You should try buying them second hand..... 600 Euro's is not uncommon and that's for second hand parts, that will fade and crack in time. At least the French reproduction lights are built the more modern plastics, with UV protection. 

Because TADTS, and the value of the cars are relatively low, it drives people to break a car, rather than repair it.

54 minutes ago, Jifflemon said:

.... At least the French reproduction lights are built the more modern plastics, with UV protection. ...

I'd hope the lens plastics are up to scratch. Some seem to go opaque with cataracts after only a few years.

• Sunny Jim changed the title to The Dutchie - leak found

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zelandeth
      Well I've been meaning to sign up here in forever, but kept forgetting. Thanks to someone over on another forum I frequent poking me about it recently the subject was forced back into my very brief attention span for long enough to get me to act on the instruction.

I figure that my little varied fleet might bring you lot some amusement...

So...we've got:

1993 Lada Riva 1.5E Estate (now fuel injected, as I reckon the later cars should have been from the factory...).
      1989 Saab 900i Automatic.
      1987 Skoda 120LX 21st Anniversary Special Edition.
      1985 Sinclair C5.
      2009 Peugeot 107 Verve.

Now getting the photos together has taken me far longer than I'd expected...so you're gonna get a couple of photos of each car for now, and I'll come back with some more information tomorrow when I've got a bit more time...

Firstly...The Lada. Before anyone asks - in response to the single question I get asked about this car: No, it is not for sale. Took me 13 years and my father's inheritance to find the thing.

Yes, it's got the usual rusty wings...Hoping that will be resolved in the next couple of months.

Next, a proper old Saab. One of the very last 8 valve cars apparently, and all the better for it. I've driven two 16v autos and they were horrible - the auto box works sooooo much better with the torque curve of the 8 valve engine. Just wish it had an overdrive for motorway cruising...

Next up a *real* Skoda...back when they put the engine where it belongs, right out the back. In the best possible colour of course...eye-searingly bright orange.

Seat covers have been added since that photo was taken as it suffers from the usual rotting seat cloth problem that affects virtually all Estelles.

Then we have possibly the world's scruffiest Sinclair C5...

Realised when looking for this that I really need to get some more photos of the thing...I use it often enough after all! We have a dog who's half husky, so this is a really good way of getting him some exercise.

Finally - again, I really need to take more photos of - we have the little Pug 107.

Included for the sake of variety even if it's a bit mainstream! First (and probably to be the only) new car I've bought, and has been a cracking little motor and has asked for very little in return for putting up with nearly three years of Oxford-Milton Keynes commuter traffic, before finally escaping that fate when my housemate moved to a new job. Now it doesn't do many miles and is my default car for "when I've managed to break everything else."

I'll fill in some more details tomorrow - I warn you though that I do tend to ramble...
    • By BorniteIdentity
      This week, for the first time ever, I felt old. I have sciatica which swaps from one side to the other, arthritis in one hand and what I think is the beginnings of IBS. On top of that it took me 2 weeks to remember a registration number that once would take me 2 seconds, and I forgot my parent's wedding anniversary.

I'm only 32.

Shit. No I'm not. I'm 33. I forgot that too. (Genuinely)

So, it's about time I committed some of my tales to paper. Well, a shonky server... but that's the best you can do in 2016.

First up, a list of the cars I've owned (as best as I can remember) in chronological order.

Main Cars
      1985 VW Polo Formel E. C158 TRT. This was given to me even before I passed my test.

1991 Rover Metro S. J801 TAC. Bought about 3 months after I passed my test as I was convinced the Polo was about to shit its gearbox.

1987 Volvo 360 GLT. D899 CBJ ___ Managed three months in a Metro before the small car and smaller petrol tank became a bore.

Ford Mondeo and Honda Civic Coupe by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1999 Ford Mondeo Zetec. V384 DBJ. Still the most I've ever spent on a car. It was 3 years old and cost, from memory, about £8,000. Just think of the Rover R8s you could buy with that now!

1987 Volkswagen Golf GTI 8v by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1987 Volkswagen Golf GTI D79 CVV. I very nearly bought a MK1 Golf 1.1 but was persuaded, by my father amusingly, to buy this one from a different friend. From memory I gave about £500 for it, and sold it to some racers later that year for about £300. Amusingly, 16 year later I'd sell the Hartge wheels that came with the car for £530.

1999 Toyota Avensis CDX by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1999 Toyota Avensis CDX. V781 GDP. By far the best car I've ever had. Bought in 2002 for £5300, it had previously been a company car at British Telecom. I ran it from 62,000 to 174,000 before it became surplus to requirements. A German chap bought it on ebay for about £500 and drove over to collect it. Hero.

2001 Ford Mondeo Zetec by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      2001 Ford Mondeo Zetec. Y821 EEB. I should have loved this car. I gave £500 for it in 2008 which was stupidly cheap by anybody's standards. It needed 4 tyres (which actually was nice to pick good ones for once) and a coil spring. Sadly, it was just bill after bill after bill. I sold it and promised to never own another Ford. I nearly succeeded.

1998 Nissan Almera by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1998 Nissan Almera GX Auto. S58 NLO. My late Grandfather's car and, upon reflection, my first proper attempt at bangernomics. I bought it for £500 in 2008 from the estate and ran it for well over a year and 30,000 miles. It was also my first automatic which, whilst a bit dumb, did lock up into overdrive and give a good 36 mpg no matter how it was driven.

2004 Ford Fiesta 1.25 LX and 2006 Ford Focus 2.0 Ghia by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      2004 Ford Fiesta Zetec. AG53 BWL. My wife's car which I ran for a couple of years when I bought her a Focus as a wedding gift.

2003 Rover 75 by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      2003 Rover 75 Club SE. AX53 BFA. This is where my career as a serial car buyer really began. Ignoring all of the warning signs I decided to press a K Series into a daily 100 mile commute, which it did with aplomb. This wasn't actually the car I set out to buy, the one I'd agreed to buy OVERHEATED ON THE FORECOURT whilst I was doing the paperwork. Consequently I couldn't leave fast enough and bought a different car later that day.

2004 Toyota Avensis T30-X by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      2004 Toyota Avensis T3-X. KT53 DWZ. Sensible head back on, I decided to get back into something I trusted when my 3rd son was born. This was a lovely car, but not without its problems. The VVTi oil burning issues are well documented and do frequently occur. Ironically, this was less reliable than the Rover it replaced! Despite fearing the worst and 3 months off the road, the new owner has just MOTd it.

1999 Toyota Avensis SR by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1999 Toyota Avensis SR. V263 GDP. Back into bangernomics territory again. The last MK1 Avensis I had was the best car I'd ever had, so I hoped to replicate it with another T22 Avensis. This one came up for sale in my favourite (and rare) colour with a numberplate sequential to my previous car - so it was meant to be. I still have this now, and tomorrow it will tick around to 185,000 miles having been bought by me at 100,500.

Side Bitches

1974 Morris Mini 1000 by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1974 Morris Mini 1000. GEL 517N. Well, I always wanted one - and was young, free, single and well off at the time (2003). A memorable trip to buy it when I called my new girlfriend by my ex girlfriend's name 20 miles into a 200 mile weekend away. She's never forgiven or forgotten but we're still friends. Oh - and married.

1977 Ford Capri II GL by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1977 Ford Capri II 1600 GL. SMY 675R. I can't remember why I bought this, other than I thought it'd be amusing. It was bought from Norwich for £350 and was perfectly well behaved for the 8 months that I had it (other than a flasher unit expiring). I remember being shocked just how much the windscreen would ice up inside, and duly sold it in November to a guy who was going to drive it daily! It's still alive and now, apparently, black! (Update - it's now silver!!!)

1989 Volvo 340 DL by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1989 Volvo 340 DL. G67 AVN. I bought this for £80. Unbelievable. It was utterly bloody perfect. I wanted to do a banger rally which is why the guy gave it to me so cheap. I'm still yet to do that rally, but no longer have the car. I sold it for about £300 to a family who were clearly down on their luck who, I hope, still have the car.

1996 Toyota Granvia by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1996 Toyota Granvia. N775 JEV. My wife and I decided to increase our numbers further and, with our 4th son on the way, larger transport was required. We quickly realised you can either have 4 children and no apparel, or apparel and no children. After trying a very tired Mercedes Viano, the Granvia was found for 1/4 of the price and it's still here 2 years later. I can safely say that we'll never sell it - it really is another member of the family.

1993 Mercedes 190e by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1993 Mercedes 190e. L795 COJ. I've admired these cars since I was a child. In fact, one of the very few toy cars I still have from my childhood is a Mercedes 190e. Regular readers of "Memoirs from the Hard Shoulder" will know what a PITA this car has been since day 1, but I get the feeling it's a keeper. We'll see!

1983 Ford Sierra Base 1.6 by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1983 Ford Sierra Base. GVG 510Y. Not explicitly my car, but it should be documented here for reference. Oh - and the V5 is in my name. The story is online for all to read as to how five of us acquired what is believed to be the only remaining Ford Sierra Base. Make a brew and read it, it's a fantastic story.

1982 Ford Sierra L by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1982 Ford Sierra L. LCR 503Y. I accidentally won this on ebay for £520. Upon reflection, I shouldn't have sold it - but short stop of saying I regret it. I could never get truly comfortable driving it and, in fairness, I could scratch my Sierra itch with the base if I wanted. Sold it at a stupid profit of £1250. It is believed to be the oldest remaining Ford Sierra in the UK.

1979 Volvo 343 DL by Bornite Identity, on Flickr
      1979 Volvo 343 DL. DBY 466T As you'll see above, I'd had a 360GLT as a younger lad and fancied one of these earlier cars. The variomatic is, frankly, terrible but amusing. This car has just 8000 miles on the clock and inside was absolutely timewarp. Sadly, the huge bill for the Mercedes 190e cylinder head rebuild meant I had to sell this car shortly after acquiring it. Since then I've had a bit of money luck, and now realise I didn't need to sell it after all. Typical.

I think that's it. My arthritis is playing up even more now. I've left out a few cars that were actually my wife's, but if I find pictures will add them in at a later date. I'll run this as an ongoing thread on cars and what's happening.

Current SitRep:

Purple Avensis: Just about to click over 185,000. Minor drama this week when an HT lead split but otherwise utterly fantastic, fantastically boring and boringly reliable.

Granvia: Just done 1000 miles in a month around Norfolk, 6 up with suitcases. 31mpg achieved on the way up which is good for an old tub with a 3.0 Turbo Diesel on board. ODO displaying 175,000 which is a mix of miles and kilometers. Say 130,000 miles for argument's sake.

Mercedes: Being a PITA. It's had the top end completely rebuilt after the chain came off. Now needs welding to pass another MOT and the gearbox bearings are on strike. It's about to go into the garage for winter until I can stomach it again. 151,000 miles on the clock.

Sierra bASe: Still on sabbatical with AngryDicky who only took it bloody camping in cornwall! Legend.
    • By TripleRich
      Hi all, new to the forum.  Thought you might be interested in what I've got myself into
      I'd been after my first classic car for a while.  If it's big and made in the 70s I'm interested.  Looked at few things like P6s, Zodiacs, Victors, SD1s and various other things.  Problem was I didn't want to spend a boatload of money on something that looked alright but underneath was actually a total heap.  The solution was to buy a complete heap in the first place and spend the money fixing it.
      So in January I went ahead and bought this from a colleague at work who was moving away and needed to get shot of it.

It's a part finished restoration (I prefer not started) and it needs a whole load of help if it's going to stand any chance of using a road again.
      Pros
      It's right up my street.  Granada Coupes are quite odd and certainly stand out from the norm.
      It still has the original engine, box, interior and most trim.
      It came with loads of panels I need to repair it (mostly original Ford stock).
      It came with so many spares I could probably build a few Granadas and still have stuff left over.
      It was cheap.
      Cons
      Most of the front end has been cut off.
      Most of the body structure is quite rotten.
      It's going to take me ages.
      I work at a restoration company and my boss kindly allows me to keep the car there.  So I've got access to all the gear I need to restore it.  I've been busy on the car for a while now so will post more pics over the coming days.
      Cheers 
    • By dome
      This evening I venture forth into hitherto unknown lands (Kirkintilloch) to collect my latest acquisition.

Which, naturally, has issues.

I have purchased my first line of defence.

Which appears to have antigravity properties

More will follow this evening...
    • By Dick Longbridge
      As with many of the members on here, I tend to read and comment a lot, but haven’t done much in the way of my own shite related posting. The onslaught of miserable teenage goat bummers (©Bollox2019) has encouraged me to share a little more, rather than look at the screen and shake my head. As my fiancée once told me, Dick is for sharing. Or something.

Updates are likely to be sporadic, and not necessarily ‘car project work’ per se. Sometimes it may just be the odd photo.
      Anyway, now the disclaimer is out the way, and without further ado, I’ll start with this.

I bought my Lambretta just over ten years ago. I’ve had a few over the years, and even dabbled with the dark side, or as they are sometimes known, Vespa.

Collection of this scooter involved a fucked Transit, and a day trip to Stoke from sunny Cornwall. Breathing in diesel exhaust fumes which permeated the van through the rusty gaps under the back doors was becoming tiresome by the twelfth hour of driving. We managed it though, and the scooter was well worth the journey. It’s an Italian 1967 SX150, with a 186 Imola kit, plus various other trick bits. It was originally Verde Mela - a rare Innocenti colour - which is basically apple green. Unfortunately the previous owner stripped every last trace of it from the frame, and repainted it in a Peugeot metallic. Not something I could ever bring myself to do, but it looks good all the same.

I had plenty of fun with the scooter, and even made it to the Isle of Wight rally on it (I’ve done this a few times on previous scooters). However, as with many of us, life and house got in the way, and it’s sat in the garage under a cover for way too long.

I hadn’t fired it up for well over 12 months, so decided to drag the old dear out into the sunshine, fire her up, and give her a blast around the estate. I did a quick video of getting the scooter started - no sound because time lapse - startup was a bitch as the fuel was really stale, half evaporated and leaving the oil/ratio mix completely oil heavy. You can make out when it eventually fires up in the video - wait for the smoke around the back end!

I’ll end by adding the startup video. I’ve got a load more photos somewhere on the external HDD, including some of my previous Lambrettas. I'll have to dig them out when I get chance.

TTFN.