2006 Ford StreetKa Winter Edition - Road Test Report

Peter C

I've been bothering you good people with my musings about a small fun car that I wanted to add to my fleet:

Thank you to everyone who contributed.

I've been to see the car this afternoon, it's paid for, insured and tax has been paid. I am due to collect in about 2 hours.

Whose advice did I take? Wait and see.

I’m guessing an r53 Cooper S . Wiki tells me an S is a couple of mm longer than your standard hatch- but even then it’s under 4m long; and the supercharger is the fun factor in that package and well worth the mm.

Tough call on whether hatch or convertible as you were thinking of a sort top- but also hot hatches. I’m going to say hatch but maybe with the panoramic sunroof.

53 minutes ago, Peter C said:

Pez shot.

Surprised?

988074B2-D4A8-4338-8101-49A106BC1999.thumb.jpeg.3c05caf31f981e69b4fa9f1881802397.jpeg

Surprised?, I'm stunned.  You called a Volvo C30 girly 😂 Bold choice, well bought.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:17 PM, Peter C said:

The C30 is girlie, unlike a Mini Cooper, which is a real man's car (not).

I quite like them, but i'd not touch one myself. Nothing to do with femininity, but they rot in a way that makes a 90's Land Rover look sturdy. Check the rear inner wings. That sportka bodykit traps water and can cause even more chaos than a normal Ka back there.

They're one of these things that will probably suddenly rocket in value, purely because so few survived the rot.

23 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

My ex had one at 3 years old

Perfect car for toddlers 😆

23 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

I've never known a bloke own one

The only one I know is a double stereotype. I'll leave people to guess what they do for a living and who their partner is.

I saw it once parked outside and it did look tidy to be fair. These things do seem to cost a bit more than you expect. I think there will be an element of Ford scene tax just based on rarity alone in a few years time.

Right, I’ve picked it up and popped over to London to see friends.

It’s a 1.6 Duratec, not sure BHP. Pulls really well, without trying it flew to 110MPH on a private section of the M1.

43k miles with totally full service history, the second owner bought it when it was 2 years old and maintained it properly. Came with a year’s MoT. Four new tyres and a brand new alternator. 

There’s zero rust on visible panels, I haven’t checked underneath. It needs a little titillation but that’s my speciality.

Three known issues. It drains the battery overnight. I’ll disconnect it for now but I have an auto electrician friend who will look at it for me. The stereo front panel is missing and there’s a small dent along the bottom of the passenger door, which I should be able to sort out. Oh and the soft top rear screen has a crack but they are zipped on and replacements are available.

I love the hardtop, makes it look unusual. It’s a high spec model, with leather seats, air-con, heated front screen and… that’s it.

It drives like a little go kart and even with the roof on it’s great fun. On a warm day with the roof down it should be a hoot.

Finally, it’s the least manly car owned by a shitter and I deserve everything that will be said by you big burly blokes. 🏳️‍🌈 

669FF666-BE61-4F2C-B9CA-674A8C23C8CE.thumb.jpeg.4b02f314d2a4ad6f3bcd9147f07fc04f.jpeg

CFE86348-64E3-4546-8108-816FBA916C38.thumb.jpeg.cb654e8fabd8512778ff76e008ba2241.jpeg

72F857FC-90A4-4041-921D-9789EAE23E23.thumb.jpeg.e3300f33ca5230f12be0e2ef82aa32df.jpeg

D22B38F5-BF19-49F8-8443-146BB4718BE8.thumb.jpeg.334d923bc413ba7a7d5607a3146a40b9.jpeg

60CB47B7-1CC4-485F-996E-8F4F9215BC31.thumb.jpeg.4a2c54c576f6351d4da5a28f024d2682.jpeg

Looks cool, and quite rare, haven’t seen one for ages. I can believe the 43k it looks really straight and not far off mint.  With its dna it must be great fun to drive so fits The bill perfectly. (Whisper it) more unusual and interesting to read about than scrutinising tyre choices on an mx5. We’ve got piston heads for that.

1 minute ago, HMC said:

Looks cool, and quite rare, haven’t seen one for ages. With its dna it must be great fun to drive so fits The bill perfectly. (Whisper it) more unusual and interesting to read about than scrutinising tyre choices on an mx5. We’ve got piston heads for that.

It is quite rare, it’s the most expensive Winter edition. 😎

I know a man who owned one!  My neighbour Allan across the street is a retired lorry driver and lifelong biker, but when he was injured in a low speed off a few years ago he decided it was time to hang up his helmet.  He bought.... a StreetKa in the same blue and was delighted with it.  He now has a pale blue Tigra convertible.  These little cars have very capably filled the hole in his life left by his bike.

So, well done, and may it serve you long!