Live Metal Pilot not LDV not Ford adventure.

inconsistant

This weekend I am guinea pigging. Should be interesting. It’s Friday  morning, it’s pissing with rain and it’s time to embark on a once in a lifetime adventure. In an old car. 

So far this morning:

Registered a negative lateral flow test on NHS app

Posted PCR test to NHS 

Packed weekend camping stuff into 40 yr old car

Filled up with petrol. 

Loaded Massive Wagons CD 

And off!

B73DC7D6-3F64-49AA-9F53-0FE9779A48EA.thumb.jpeg.2dff5f7880bda5781f569b5c6fb2d1f0.jpeg

I hope this goes better for you than it did for me...

In an attempt to visit all the cardinal points of mainland GB, I only managed Lowestoft before the cambelt did an oh-no on the A1 in Scotland.  The Porsche Gods cruelly took this one away from me, so if there is any balance in the Universe you'll be fine!

650212756_D443VKJ(02).thumb.jpg.6c5b1cf89655c3eb0462711c834b1d89.jpg

• inconsistant changed the title to Live Metal Pilot not LDV not Ford adventure.

Massive hangover this morning, totally overdid it yesterday and forgot to eat too. Taking it easier today. Some great bands, all British, lots of smaller bands I might have missed or overlooked at a normal Download. 
Everyone is so happy, so grateful to be here, it’s a wonderful atmosphere and the music has been great today, as has the weather. 

it’s weird not having to worry about masks, and not social distancing. 

2AFB42A3-8B10-49C5-B552-7213E3B5799A.thumb.jpeg.170a2e477af352a71fbf8aae6fc89ec3.jpeg

Wargasm

EEA49C1E-817B-40B0-805F-318F11DCA9F5.thumb.jpeg.968b13413d798df7a81b8b3bbc81cdc1.jpeg

A and a tiny bit of sunshine. 

Sorry about my rant on the coronovirus fun thread.  Given the stress my wife is in over my sons wedding next weekend, I wasnt best pleased to see the BBC reporting on this on Friday. 

I do hope it's a successful pilot, I really do, and maybe it's envy. 

A wedding where 70% of the guests are totally paranoid, where there's not supposed to be an dancing, singing or interaction outside of the 6 people on your table. Worrying about whether we should go out at all for the 10 days before hand. Worrying about the reversal dinner, and what if someone gets pinged on the contact tracing app.

Added to being told I have to remain sober, actually not drink at all, in case i need to give some one a lift back to thier hotel, before the coach is due. Because thay cant get a taxi, you know because Covid. 

The fact that we are staying in the wedding venue, I thought would allow me a couple of drinks. 

Anyway I digress. I'm only jealous. 

Haven’t read any of the forum, barely enough signal +battery to post this, but for the avoidance of doubt, this isn’t a free for all jolly, it’s a closely controlled experiment with lots of hoops to jump through to be part of it. 

I thought really carefully before committing.  I’ve had 2 jabs, I've been using public transport (cautiously) since March and I mix with lots of people at work, but under strict social distancing/mask/2x neg. test a week circs. For me, it being outside was the main reason I came. Additionally I can choose the distance from and time I’m close to someone. On balance it feels less risky than being on a London commuter train for 2 hrs a day.

To be allowed into Download we had to test neg on the morning and do an additional PCR test.(had neg result from that)

Anecdotally, when the crowd were asked who had had 2 jabs, the majority had, which tbh surprised me. There is a much younger crowd here than usual, maybe because it was only announced 3 weeks ago and it’s easier for younger people to be here Fri to Mon. 

I’ll do another lat flow test on Monday when I get home, and we have to do another PCR 5 days after. there are a number of other restrictions too, eg you can’t leave the festival site and return, you had to declare who you are travelling to and from the festival with and how , etc etc. Don”t know how it’s being portrayed in the media but its a tightly controlled event. It just also happens to be effing brilliant too. 

Anyway, i sincerely hope your wedding goes well, we all deserve some happiness and joy, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

When I heard on the news about the 'trial mosh pit', I did feel a pang of envy. I've been in some weird and wonderful mosh pits over the years, but that sounded weirder than most, so I wanted to be there! Did you give it a go, and how was it?

Just whenever you've got signal, battery, etc...😉

20 hours ago, inconsistant said:

for the avoidance of doubt, this isn’t a free for all jolly, it’s a closely controlled experiment with lots of hoops to jump through to be part of it. 

Anyway, i sincerely hope your wedding goes well, we all deserve some happiness and joy, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I think the BBC report was less than helpful, in its imagery. 

This is what the country needs.  Although What happens if the experiment says, that it's a super spreading event? I think we need to try to find ways to get back to normal. 

Apart I guess that 8 of the guests at the wedding will have had 1 Pfizer jab, 2 have had  2 Pfizer jabs, and the rest will have had 2 AZ jabs, and 2 (home schooled children 8 And 13) will have had none.  

The Catostrophising of the mothers of both bride and groom, are causing unnecessary stress on the build up to the event.  One of the bride's maids (My daughter) will come out of 10 days self isolation today, after being pinged by the NHS app after having a meal out in Manchester city centre with  her work colleagues, so a message has gone round to the main participants to turn off the app, stay inside, don't take any risks. The impact of  being pinged now for the happy couple is cancellation of the wedding.  

Hence my initial frustration, which is I reflect pure jealousy on my part. 

Back home after a total of 350 faultless miles in the 924, average of 36.9 mpg mainly due, I would imagine, to the slow progress on friday due to bad weather. Never got above 35 mpg before brim to brim.
Only issue is a leaky sunroof creating puddles in the rear footwells. I suspect a new seal is required!

I’ve just done a lat flow test that has shown negative. Will fill in more details of the weekend later. It was incredible, I feel very lucky to have experienced it.

I live in Donington & on download weekend, the village is usually heaving with haireys & goths, but this weekend, we've seen no-one. There's been no traffic & we can't even hear the music anymore now it's down the otherside of the hill towards Ramsley/Melbourne. I'm pleased that you had a fun time.

On 6/20/2021 at 5:09 AM, New POD said:

Sorry about my rant on the coronovirus fun thread.  Given the stress my wife is in over my sons wedding next weekend, I wasnt best pleased to see the BBC reporting on this on Friday. 

I do hope it's a successful pilot, I really do, and maybe it's envy. 

A wedding where 70% of the guests are totally paranoid, where there's not supposed to be an dancing, singing or interaction outside of the 6 people on your table. Worrying about whether we should go out at all for the 10 days before hand. Worrying about the reversal dinner, and what if someone gets pinged on the contact tracing app.

Added to being told I have to remain sober, actually not drink at all, in case i need to give some one a lift back to thier hotel, before the coach is due. Because thay cant get a taxi, you know because Covid. 

The fact that we are staying in the wedding venue, I thought would allow me a couple of drinks. 

Anyway I digress. I'm only jealous. 

What a load of cobblers; pre-book a couple of cabs and have a drink at your child's wedding. If they're that paranoid about CV19 they should stay at home.