Just tried roller painting

Bigman1207

This is one coat of Rustoleum Combicolor applied to the front bumper using a Harris gloss brush,  paint thinned with normal white spirit

Rollered one side but will have to take a better picture as it's a bit tight to my fence. 

Just wanted to tidy up the bottom bits and i think it looks okay ish was going to pop another coat on today but reckoned it was too hot and paint would drag 

IMG-20210529-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20210529-WA0007.jpeg

Looks good that.  How do you find the Combicolour to use?

Its hard to find here.  I bought 4l of Black and 4l of Ultramarine blue to being to NZ with grandiose ideas of painting up a tired Subaru Impreza.  Sadly the customs checking man spotted it and said “nope, that ain’t going nowhere sunshine” So now my Dad has 8l of top notch paint he’ll never use.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 9:20 AM, Parky said:

Looks good that.  How do you find the Combicolour to use?

Its hard to find here.  I bought 4l of Black and 4l of Ultramarine blue to being to NZ with grandiose ideas of painting up a tired Subaru Impreza.  Sadly the customs checking man spotted it and said “nope, that ain’t going nowhere sunshine” So now my Dad has 8l of top notch paint he’ll never use.  

Hi i found the combi colour need thining a fair bit . . Coverage very good very good gloss  . . Reckon thinned three to one part thinner but it was massively hot.  If not thinned it dries with bubbles but thinned you can work them out 

I think we definitely need someone to roller paint an entire car with Combicolour or tractor paint as a tutorial.

i think once I replace the Mitsi and it becomes surplus, Junior and I might have to redo it panel by panel 

There is a  bit of orange peel where it's rollered but where i brushed it on especially the bumper it's really smooth with minimal brush marks.  Will be flattening the back panel then giving it a g3 then polish as a test but I'm very happy with results as it was very shabby 

The gold is a rattle can . . Deep copper metallic the centre cap cam out amazing however lack of prep on my part as in not removing flakes makes it look rather shite.   Also the gloss grey has a better coverage and was also going to dn the door steps and the very bottom two inches that were stone garded. 

Now you have me thinking of that copper metallic as i have about eight rattle cans sitting in garage!   Grrrrr