Corsa B thread(new purchase)

montytom

I have been off work the last 2 weeks due to depression. I finally did something about it and contacted the GP and was actually signed off and given tablets for it.

If you saw my thread regarding my focus st I have now decided to keep the car and my dad said he would buy me something. 

I really wanted something a bit different.

I use my dads Astra j for work and I have my rover 800 vitesse as a project and my focus st as a toy(shall I say).

I wanted something small with no electrics.

I originally saw a metro but it was quite rusty. 

Then a little corsa b showed up. 

I went and had a look and couldnt believe the condition.

It's done 34900 miles and has been garaged apart from the last 2 years.

It's a 1.0 litre 3 cylinder expression and has no real electrics.

So

Manual locking

Manual windows 

Manual mirrors.

No power steering 

No airbags

No rev counter.

I bought it and then went back to get it and by then it was dark.

A couple of bits I have noticed which are

Drivers door mirror casing broken( 2 units bought)

The clips the sun visors go in are broken(bought)

I need to buy the gear and handbrake gaitor.

We have bought a service kit for it and I have also bought some hub covers for it. I do not like the current wheel trims.

Overall very happy and it's nice to have such a simple car.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures they are the sale pictures.

I will get some more when I can.

Screenshot_20210521-223638_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-223644_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-223648_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-223652_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210521-223655_Facebook.jpg

Super stuff chap.

I just sold my wee 1.0 Envoy after 11 years last month after I took on the ex Burnside Cavalier.

Very easy to work on, I replaced the engine on mine in 2018. Very basic but that's what I loved about it, very little to go wrong. Parts for standard cars are very cheap.

The only bother with these is rot so if yours is clean then it will never be unviable. The front chassis legs are a weak spot, especially the drivers side where the bulkhead drain drips right onto it. I got mine welded up last year but it wasn't expensive. 

White ones are desirable, scene boys turn them into SRi reps.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed mine, I'll have another one day!

15 hours ago, loserone said:

That looks like a very satisfying way to spend some time.

Thankyou its definately helping keep my mind off things.

15 hours ago, Skcat said:

I agree with you with the wheel trims, got some original ones to go on it? 

Very basic however at least it has a radio, I believe it was not standard on early ones. I like it! 

Thankyou I am just waiting for some hubcaps from ebay. I bought the ones that sit in the middle of the steel wheel rather than cover the whole wheel.

15 hours ago, sierraman said:

Watch those rear spring mounts on those, they used to rot like a bastard. 

Thankyou i will take a good look.

15 hours ago, stuboy said:

fun lil things to punt about in

Thankyou i have done only about 6 miles in it so far but will be doing many more very soon.

15 hours ago, Minimad5 said:

When did you last see one of these on the road 🤔

Great buy

Thankyou i keep seeing the newer corsa but not so much these.

15 hours ago, Out Run said:

Redtop it m8

Umm I have my 800 vitesse and focus st for speed but you never know 

15 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Cornish plate, I see.

Hang on, is that St Ozzle?

Thanks its come from Saltash and has been there ever since. 

13 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

Super stuff chap.

I just sold my wee 1.0 Envoy after 11 years last month after I took on the ex Burnside Cavalier.

Very easy to work on, I replaced the engine on mine in 2018. Very basic but that's what I loved about it, very little to go wrong. Parts for standard cars are very cheap.

The only bother with these is rot so if yours is clean then it will never be unviable. The front chassis legs are a weak spot, especially the drivers side where the bulkhead drain drips right onto it. I got mine welded up last year but it wasn't expensive. 

White ones are desirable, scene boys turn them into SRi reps.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed mine, I'll have another one day!

Thankyou it seems very clean all over but I'm not taking anything for granted. Everything on normal cars seem to be fine ie sills etc.

That's the reason why I bought it due to having nothing electric

Looks a presentable little car that.

Should do you a turn. If it then doesn't tickle your pickle, as Split-pin says, heaps of people still want clean non-sunroof shells.

Would also recommend a check of the rear arches, spare wheel well and the back panel hidden by the rear bumper. As they are in the "rot like fuck" category too.

They can be played about with many mods. I completed a 1800 16v swap on my early B and it appears to go bloody well. That was using mostly parts from the GM stable too.

However nowt wrong with keeping it stock. I actually still have a couple of the standard centre caps. But it sounds like you've got sorted on that front.

5 hours ago, JMotor said:

Looks a presentable little car that.

Should do you a turn. If it then doesn't tickle your pickle, as Split-pin says, heaps of people still want clean non-sunroof shells.

Would also recommend a check of the rear arches, spare wheel well and the back panel hidden by the rear bumper. As they are in the "rot like fuck" category too.

They can be played about with many mods. I completed a 1800 16v swap on my early B and it appears to go bloody well. That was using mostly parts from the GM stable too.

However nowt wrong with keeping it stock. I actually still have a couple of the standard centre caps. But it sounds like you've got sorted on that front.

Thankyou I have been looking around it today and it's very clean in all those places. The wheel well and rear end look like new. 

I spent a bit of time cleaning it and stuck on both new mirrors and also the clips for the sun visors. 

Also fitted a new fuel filter. 

Thanks for the advice.