Toyota Carina II - saved from scrappage / export. Happy Ending

DoctorRetro

It's a family business apparently, they auction off all their trade ins, especially this sort of thing.

I don't really have the 600 to pull out to save it currently, so I'm oot.

Anyone else is welcome to try, let me know if you're interested.

3 minutes ago, DoctorRetro said:

I know, I know. I just can't a) raise 600 or b) risk 600 even if I could.

Mind you, when I went to see it the battery was flat and the bonnet cable handle came off! I'll take that as a sign. 😂

Offer him a PX on the pink Metro?

Or roffle the pink Metro?

Or someone go halves with it?

• DoctorRetro changed the title to Toyota Carina II - save from scrappage? Edit - too expensive, going to auction.
20 minutes ago, dave j said:

Or, find out what auction it will be in and see if it sells much cheaper! 

Than £600? The buyers premium for a public customer would be another £100 on what it sells for. They’d get £200 ringing the breakers to come and fetch it. 🤣

What a carry on! The banger racers will turn up with some actual cash and buy it to race. Ideal for that being the 1.6.

• DoctorRetro changed the title to Toyota Carina II - save from scrappage? Collection thread.
1 minute ago, DoctorRetro said:

Fuckit.

YOLO

Picking it up at 6pm.

That’s the spirit. As I see it it’s an investment. A cheap car with a bulletproof engine that’s rot free and you can fix yourself. With car you could quite easily see years out of that with minimal expense. 

The golden era of Japanese cars. 

• DoctorRetro changed the title to Toyota Carina II - save from scrappage? YOLO - Collection 6pm.
2 hours ago, DoctorRetro said:

Mind you, when I went to see it the battery was flat and the bonnet cable handle came off! I'll take that as a sign. 😂

Looks like the bonnet release might have been replaced* with the bit of cord sticking through the grille.  Just like my LDV!