Ford Maverick

Alan Prost

They're great, V6 is the one to have. We are on our second which is on LPG, only limited by low GTW. The one that was slow must have been utterly ducked, they're about 200 bhp and swift of the mark if you can get the power down.

The V6 auto actual feels like an American car with the column shift - which it should as it was sold as a ford escape over there.

3 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

They're great, V6 is the one to have. We are on our second which is on LPG, only limited by low GTW. The one that was slow must have been utterly ducked, they're about 200 bhp and swift of the mark if you can get the power down.

The V6 auto actual feels like an American car with the column shift - which it should as it was sold as a ford escape over there.

How does the 4x4 work on these ? 

Well a  little update, I knew when I got a 2.0 Maverick that it would be nay sayed, however having now done over 400 miles in it, I must say I think it's a brilliant old bus, once over 3000 revs it moves or you can just roll lazy in it.....

It is probably one of the only fords of it's era that I can drive and not see another, and touch wood.... no rot!

Pic cleaned up, the dog likes the dual tailgate! 🙂

escape2.jpg