Matra Rancho WIP?

Out Run

2 minutes ago, dollywobbler said:

@Skizzerstill has his as far as I know, but not sure if he's progressed much with it. I saw it once and almost got giddy. Can't remember who else has one?

Is that the bronze one? Hopefully something is happening, good to hear he still has it, at least.
You've got me wondering, now. But I am sure that another popped up, in quick succession. Perhaps a silver one? 

10 hours ago, Out Run said:

Does anyone know if the two? of these that featured on here, are still being restored?

10 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

@Skizzerstill has his as far as I know, but not sure if he's progressed much with it. I saw it once and almost got giddy.

Mine is the bronze one and I do indeed still have it but no, I haven’t made much progress with it yet. I’m gradually gathering metalwork tools and skills and have a plan to tackle the bodywork this summer.

373CCAB9-A1B6-4C08-827E-80DDA34476CC.thumb.jpeg.c86668d9334a60f801152e394c7d9889.jpeg

It’s not actually that rotten, but some of it will be awkward to get at and need a fair amount of fabrication, mostly around the back of the sills and the rear suspension mounts. Possibly the A-posts too.

@holbeck has the other one I know of, in silver. I think he’s made at least more of a start on his — we were having the world’s slowest race.

6 hours ago, holbeck said:

Hello.

Yes. I'll own up to having a Rancho.

Currently Fritzelled away in storage awaiting a cash infusion to sort it's multiple ailments.

29354954_2089493661064183_5029284435709806216_o.thumb.jpg.817b066500ff599d5c44651a689d3184.jpg

WORKING RABBIT LAMPS!!!! I may need a lie down.

Yours looks much tidier than mine. Slightly jealous...although mine is my favourite colour.

6 hours ago, Out Run said:

No offence intended, re rot. I'm obviously misremembering things - in a good way.

Heavens, no offence taken. It’s rotten, just not terminally rotten. For a Rancho.

Besides which, ‘your car is utterly fucked’ is a compliment around here, or used to be.

1 hour ago, Skizzer said:

WORKING RABBIT LAMPS!!!! I may need a lie down.

Yours looks much tidier than mine. Slightly jealous...although mine is my favourite colour.

Haha! The photo shows them working but they wobble. They're actually not on the car at the moment for their own good. 

I did go over to France in 2019 to an autojumble primarily to look for replacement lamps but whilst I had a nice time,  I came home empty handed. 

18 hours ago, holbeck said:

Haha! The photo shows them working but they wobble. They're actually not on the car at the moment for their own good. 

I did go over to France in 2019 to an autojumble primarily to look for replacement lamps but whilst I had a nice time,  I came home empty handed. 

I have some bits of spotlights, but no whole spare ones. If you need stuff I might be able to help, certainly happy to try — just let me know.

Edit: I think we might have had this conversation already, about four years ago. Ignore me if so. I’m getting old.